1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hipster doofuses (doofi?) ruin everything, part 1,339

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

First, they turned trucker hats into high-fashion items. Then, they made PBR a trendy beer.

Now they're trying to make Boone's Farm Wine into the next "It's cool because it's ironic" trend...

http://www.brandweek.com/bw/magazine/current/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003553360

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Please... let Mad Dog be Mad Dog...

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think Boone's Farm Wine should be the beverage of choice at for all wedding events... Bachelor parties, rehearsel dinners, receptions and if the wedding is a Catholic ceremony, someone, say a groomsman, should swap out the communion wine with Boone's.
    It would be a Festivus miracle, regular wine turned into the Blood of Christ into Boone's. A Festivus miracle!!!

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

How can you ruin Boone's Farm Wine any more? And I don't think Kevin Federline wearing a Boone's Farm shirt is necessarily "ironic."

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I thought "ironically cool" wasn't cool any more. Wal Mart is full of ironic clothing for young men. How hip can it be if it's in Wal Mart? The 90s are over, psuedo-hipster asswipes.

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My Super Sweet Sixteen

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Boone's Farm can't be ironically cool, because it was never uncool.

As my high school buyer said, exiting the liquor store, "It tastes like piss, but it'll get you laid."

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Certainly nothing of substance musically. I'd relate the Zeros (how apt) to the early 60's, pre-Beatles, post Holly, Elvis in the military and the airwaves were essentially disposable one hit semi-wonders.

9. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Popular culture has shot its wad. We're just recycling now.

10. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I love Boone's Farm.

There, I said it.

It's the best "It tastes too sweet to really be alcohol, so I can chug the whole bottle and then feel slightly tipsy" drunk out there.

I'm still pissed I can't find the Sun Peak Peach here. I don't like any other flavor. And yes, I've stocked up on trips home before.

Fuck all y'all.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dovetails nicely with Boone's Farm. They're onto something. And it definitely does not taste like bees.

12. Cadet

Cadet Guest

My parents will only drink one wine: Blue Nun. Kitsch classic, yet they don't see the irony.

Draft saved Draft deleted