1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hines Ward: Scumbag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Make that two. And I like my drinks.

2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Why would he face any punishment? There's a lockout going on and no CBA. That means there should be no code of conduct or behavioral consequences. Especially for any rookies or free agents, who aren't even employed by the league right now. But you can't, or at least shouldn't be able to, retroactively punish someone.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Hines Ward, Plaxico Burress.

Yes, Plaxico is no longer a Steeler, but...

You Steelers are always complaining about the Cowboys' record in legal matters....hahahaha

4. I think there is exactly one person on this thread who has noted that he has been accused but not convicted of a crime, which is pretty astonishing since this board is allegedly made up of journalists. I don't sense a lot of skepticism of authority, which is something we should all have in our DNA. Police misconduct is rampant and DUI cases are some of the most fertile ground for that sort of stuff.

As someone who has been accused of a crime and ultimately cleared in a court of law, these attitudes don't surprise me, but I still can't help but shake my head that many of you are my colleagues.

I didn't see many apologies when the cop who arrested Derek Lowe for DUI earlier this year was found to have fabricated much of the initial police report. So if Hines Ward is ultimately found not guilty (and I know nothing more about this case than anyone else), I won't be holding my breath.

5. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Jamal Lewis was retroactively suspended for something he did before he was even drafted, so it wouldn't surprise me if Goodell finds
    a way to suspend Ward if this sticks.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

Hey Steelers fans are always the first to jump on Cowboys who get "accused." Just sayin'.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Right, because it was sarcastic.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

But even you acknowledged, "More proof that this is arguably the worst group of human beings in team history."

So they are arguably the worst group of human beings in team history . . . but to call them "especially bad" is wrong?

9. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Agree with enthusiasm.

However, I also find it interesting that some of us here are much more hesitant to judge when the cops pull over one of our own. Well, one of our own whom we like/respect.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I was comparing them to the teams in Steelers history. He is comparing them to the restof the current NFL.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Burress hadn't been a Steeler for years when he pulled his idiotic stunt and one reason the team let him go as a free agent was because they knew the potential for such stupidity was there.

Plenty of reason to slam the Steelers for off-field behavior in the last few years, but it is ridiculous to draw Burress into that discussion.

12. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

I don't apologize for the thread title. How I feel about drinking and driving is how oop feels about smoking and Ragu feels about smoking and fat people. Fuck Hines Ward. The next time I'm lenient or sympathetic toward ANYONE caught drinking and driving will be the first time.

And anyone who doesn't like my views can fucking deal with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.