1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hines Ward: Scumbag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You can throw the 90s in there too :D

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Here's my take.

People who may have moral high ground in issues like this tend to lose it when they impose it upon others.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Tommy, I thought of that as I was typing, but felt no need to rub it in. :)

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I'm used to it by now. Not like I can deny it :D

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

See that part in bold? That is where you go wrong. You are entitled to your opinion. Your opinion is naive at best, but you are entitled to it.

You expect me to believe you would turn on the Bears if Cutler was accused of rape? You are only fooling yourself because nobody else is buying it.

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I like your brand of hypothetical morality. You should have an infomercial.

So how many alleged rape attempts does it take for you to stop cheering for a player? Three? Five? 7?

7. outofplace

And here he goes again. I'm sorry you can't understand the concept of rooting for a team even though one of the players is a dirtbag. Or in the Steelers' case, more than one. I've tried to explain it to you, but your own issues with me and Steelers fans in general just won't allow you to see it.

We have had this discussion before. Many times. And you have claimed that you would stop rooting for a team under those circumstances. And I do believe you are fooling yourself.

Wake me when you actually have something new or worthwhile to say on the subject.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

So your answer is five?

9. outofplace

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. spurtswriter

spurtswriter Member

I don't care what team he plays for. DUI is beyond stupid and the only consolation is that he didn't kill anybody. That said, it's his first such indescretion and I'm willing to count it as a mistake and avoid considering him a d-bag, providing he attends DUI education seminars. Once more, though, and piss on him.

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

That, I am sure, will provide Hines Ward just enough cushion to be able to close his eyes and fall asleep tonight.

12. spurtswriter

spurtswriter Member

Typical.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.