1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hines Ward: Scumbag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by secretariat, Jul 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Charged with DUI. I hope the fucker gets at least four games.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6751942

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What are the chances oop can ignore this thread?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You knew I was clicking on this thread.

I'm surprised. Hines was always one of the Steelers I actually respected, even as I hated him. :(

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Steelers and Georgia don't mix well in the offseason.

5. I think it's a fucking conspiracy.

6. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Nope, and neither does anyone from the University of Georgia.

Damon Evans is disappointed in Hines.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

None, since I was going to start one if there wasn't already one going. More proof that this is arguably the worst group of human beings in team history.

But watch. Ward will apologize and say all the right things. Maybe he'll even cry for the cameras. The Steelers will say they are deeply concerned by his behavior, or something to that effect, and then ignore it. If he gets a suspension, Mike Tomlin will answer every question about Ward's absence by saying, "The standard is the standard" and most of the fans will forget it the next time he catches a touchdown pass.

It seems the only thing that can really get the Steelers to turn on a player is if he refuses to play the game, or if he is just too stupid to do it, like Santonio Holmes. I'm more and more convinced that their dumping him had nothing to do with any form or morality. It is because he was publicly unapologetic about his behavior.

Never mind that their tough stance really accomplished nothing except perhaps costing them a Super Bowl. It certainly shouldn't be enough to cover up the black eye this group of players keeps giving them.

8. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Hines Ward is old. That's almost certainly a bigger sin to the Steelers than the DUI is.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Also true. Honestly, if they had held on to Holmes and somehow signed him to an extension (incredibly unlikely after the suspension), Ward's job would have been in jeopardy without this. As it stands, he is still one of the three best receivers on that team.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hines was just lookin' out for his reality TV career...can't make it to Celeb Rehab without some sort of addiction.

11. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

One of the nicest professional athletes I have ever dealt with.

12. Fran Curci

Fran Curci Well-Known Member

You can't condone drinking and driving. But how many people on this message board have been a) popped for DUI or b) said a few prayers after the nights they weren't caught?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.