1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM Season....um...what season is it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

We know it's Barney's wedding, and we know it's where Ted meets his wife.

http://how-i-met-your-mother.wikia.com/wiki/Barney%27s_Wedding

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I'm going to follow you around on TV threads and point out all the ways you're wrong. (Just kidding, but ya know, I disagree again here...)

I didn't care about Robin and Kevin until he said what he said at the end of that episode. Seemed to me, Robin didn't care either, but his answer there was awesome. I thought that part of the episode was great, because I had thought Barney's answer was the perfect answer for Robin: "We're both messed up, thus we're great together."

But Kevin's answer was so much better I just sat there thinking "Oh shit! She can't break up with him."

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I was thinking she wasn't going to break up with him just because Kal Penn is a big star.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

HIMYM runs through stars bigger than Kal Penn faster than crappy Mexican runs through me.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I know there's been Katy Perry and Katie Holmes, but those were only single episode deals... You may be right. I think I also read something during the Harold and Kumar promotions that Penn "was hopeful" that he would be back next season, so he's either being coy or he and Robin are still an item for awhile.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

For a show that has had several episodes involving ... err, sandwiches, they sure go over-the-top with the post-sandwich experience.

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

They claimed it was laced with something.

8. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

yeah..."hard meats"...like salami or thick genoa...or PCP

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Couple of things:

A. Nora is hot. I like Robin's looks just fine, but Nora is smoking.

B. How do I say this? Um, sometimes women (and maybe men too), chicken out. They choose the safe rout. Being with Barney excites her, but it scares the crap out of her. Kevin is safe as hell.

C. For me, the heartbreak that Barney feels is well represented, but where this show really gets me in moments like this, is how it brings me back to situations in my life like this.

At the end of the episode, I'm not hurting for Barney. I'm recalling the missed chances in my own life. And that's what makes it hurt.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Stalker!

That was a good speech by him. But she has zero chemistry with him and there was little reason why she would have been with him prior to that speech.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I had no idea that guy is famous.

Is he the one who worked at the White House?

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

As far as I know, he's done a few stoner movies (Harold and Kumar) which Neil Patrick Harris is also in. And, yes, he made a big announcement that he was quitting acting for a job in the Obama administratioin. Couple years later, he's back doing stoner movies and on sit-coms.

Draft saved Draft deleted