1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM Season....um...what season is it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Sep 19, 2011.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I can't remember, but hasn't he worn a bowtie before?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Insight from someone that doesn't watch the show.

Thanks for stopping by.

4. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

Pancamo is dead. to. me.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It might not be as funny or as consistent as it used to be, but they do heartbreak as well as anyone.

And, Ted remains the least interesting character.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Tonight was really good. Just kind of crushed for Barney ...

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed on both points. Also feeling the urge to smack Robin.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

This. I want them to revisit Barney and Robin again and this time, actually take it seriously, unlike the half-assed relationship they had (and then the writers just gave up on) back in Season 5.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I loved the twist, the heartbreak for Barney, but I'm not convinced this is a long-term hangup with their relationship. We know Barney has to get married relatively soon. Last season's big cliffhanger was "Who will it be, Nora or Robin?" Well, I have a pretty hard time believing after tonight that it can be Nora. MAYBE it can be someone else, but the obvious choice is still Robin.

That said, once again, I really liked the episode.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I figure something in the relationship of the three of them (Ted, Robin and Barney) has to get ugly at some point. I keep thinking back to Ted's conversation with cupcake girl. She tells him the three of them spending so much time together doesn't work and the voiceover said that she was right.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought the Barney-Robin storyline was very well acted, by the two of them and Kevin (they give Nora nothing but an accent), but the payoff was silly. I guess they haven't given me a reason to care about Robin and Kevin, so it made no sense for her to stay with him, especially given her chemistry with Barney and the audience's investment in the relationship.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

However, we know that after Ted gets married and has kids, they still see their "aunt Robin" and "uncle Barney" quite often, so we know that there isn't a huge gap that occurs between all of them for long. I think Barney and Robin will get together for good right around the time that Ted and future wife do, which solves the problem.

Also, do we really know when Barney gets married? All we know is that it's in the future. From what I recall from the flashbacks, we don't even know if it's before or after Ted gets married.

Draft saved Draft deleted