1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM Season....um...what season is it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

So what you folks are telling me is that the show jumps the shark sometime around 6 or 7? I can see how that would happen - the entire concept of this show just wasn't built to go on that long I think. I mean, how long can Ted keep coming up with new girlfriends worth talking about before he meets their mother? It just seems like a concept that would make for a funny 5-season show, or maybe even a good movie if they condensed it.

2. Rusty Shackleford

I just finished season 7, the last season that's out on DVD. I post this here because I don't want spoilers yet from the current season.

Speaking of, can I find the current season's episodes on the CBS website? Or Hulu or something?

I wish I had been watching all along to contribute to these threads. And if I can find the current season, I will get caught up and join the current, active thread.

3. The CBS website has recent episodes, but I don't know how far back it goes. They may only have the five most recently aired episodes ...

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

There's always bit torrents, I'm sure you could find the whole season so far there.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

So, did you like Zoey? A lot of fans hated her. I love Dr. Allison Cameron and would never say a negative word about Jennifer Morrison.

6. Rusty Shackleford

I thought Zoey was hot, but her character was not that good. I just didn't believe the protestor-radical could be married to a rich guy, and then leave him for Ted. That whole story arc just didn't work for me.

7. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

Fuck you, Jason Segel.

http://www.hitfix.com/whats-alan-watching/report-how-i-met-your-mother-to-run-forever-and-ever-and-ever

I remember when this was a "bubble" show way back when and seemed eternally in danger of cancellation. I never thought I'd be displeased about a renewal but...god.

Draft saved Draft deleted