1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM Season....um...what season is it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Honestly, if Robin leaves the show, I probably won't watch anymore. I like the dynamic between her and Ted and Barney. She keeps them in check. so I'm not really liking the ending foreshadowing from last night.

2. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Robin is the reason I started watching the show. But I enjoy 'em all now.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I bet that last comment won't be touched for at least 6 shows.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The Ted Problem is not unique to HIMYM. Lots of fans thought Buffy was the least interesting thing about "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," and I always thought Harry Anderson was in the way of the more interesting characters on Night Court.

But sometimes a show doesn't know what kind of show it's going to be. "Happy Days" was supposed to be Ron Howard's show, but eventually Fonzie broke out as the real star. Then, sadly, jumped the shark.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I can't see them writing Robin out of the show. And I don't see the actress being a hot property and wanting out either. I figure the foreshadowing will be a loose thread.

And will they really make Barney wear the duck tie all year?

6. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Maybe it's a budget cut at the Tiffany Network?

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

If Robin was Barney's wife wouldn't Lilly be in a bridesmaid dress. As for cupcake girl, never understood the people on this board who thought she is hot. Her eyes are whacked.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

More cute than hot, but cute in a "I'd hit it" way, not a "how adorable!" way.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I like grown up Doogie Howser and Buffy's pal, but this show does nothing for me. Seems like a Friends wanna-be, and I hated friends.

The big whiny guy and the whiny architect guy are just not likable -- kind of like David Schwimmer and Matthew Perry.

10. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Someone mentioned before...

There was a reference to Barney's half-sister not being at dinner because she was away at college. Well, we know that Ted meets the wife-to-be in the class where he mistakenly taught the first day, so that fits. Plus, then the aunt/uncle references would fit as well.

I like that scenario. I don't think Robin is going anywhere, and maybe Lilly WAS wearing a bridesmaid dress, we don't know if it would be the traditional matchy-matchy type wedding, since Barney is not wearing a bowtie.

11. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Second episode made anal sex and masturbation jokes, so pedophilia has to be in the mix for next week.

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I assumed Barney wouldn't wear a bowtie because it wouldn't fit into his "suit" persona. Maybe you are correct on the non-traditional aspect of the wedding.

Draft saved Draft deleted