1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM - Season 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

I loved Brad. Furthermore, what does Nick have to do with Klaus, spike?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As somebody pointed out, that wasn't him, but Michael Trucco did appear on the show before as a guy Robin had a crush on last season. I assume it is the same character, but they haven't really made that clear.

This is the second time I've seen him play "the other guy," which was kind of the role he played on Battlestar Galactica. At least it was until he turned out to be a Cylon along with about half of the main cast.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I guess I read that wrong. I thought I was reading about Robin.

Man, I need to lay off the booze.

Wow, didn't realize that both "Alcide" and the Cylon guy were on this show. Thanks for the correction.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If that's the definition, I'll cop to it ...

5. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

I read somewhere that the reason Quinn was dropped so abruptly is that the writers had no choice, Becky Newton's slated to be in a mid-season comedy on Fox.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She signed that deal more than six months ago and they knew that going into the season. The show is from the same show creators as HIMYM. Excuse fail.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The more I consider what happened Monday, the more I think that episode was the worst in the show's history.

8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Didn't the same thing happen with Sarah Chalke and that's why she left Ted at the altar? Or was her show with American Pie dude much later? It's all running together for me now.

9. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Well, I mostly liked the first 25 minutes of that. The sappy ending did nothing for me. Mickey Aldrin has never been anything but unstable. In general, I didn't care for the Lily/Marshall plot, partly because it's something I've never gone through. But that's a plot that we're mostly done with. I enjoyed the early part of the Barney plot, up until he ran into all the nannies.

The Ted and Robin story line, though, was great throughout. Robin was fantastic in this episode, and Ted had a few very funny lines ("Victoria keeps tampons in my apartment").

Also, no show has produced more websites: http://heynannynanny.com/ (h/t AV Club)

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Make that two Mondays in a row I forgot. Again, not a good sign, though I'm sure I'll watch it online in the next day or two.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

If anyone cares to give a recap ... show was pre-empted by a congressional debate and my DVR didn't catch the 2 a.m. repeat or whatever. Is it even worth trying to watch online?

12. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Probably not. Barney announces it's "Bangtober" and tries to have sex with many women but can't get his mojo back. Marshall and Lily need a nanny, find the perfect one, an older woman, but can't afford her, then find another perfect one, a hot chick from Minnesota, but Barney banged her and ruined her. That's because Barney got his mojo back by pretending to be a billionaire single dad and hosting nanny interviews. To make amends, Barney hires the expensive nanny for Lily and Marshall, but Lily can't let a stranger have the baby. So Mickey, Lily's dad, ends up being the baby. The scene tries to be emotional, but it doesn't work well. Meanwhile, Barney keeps on the old nanny around to teach him to stop womanizing and ends up having sex with her multiple times.

The entire time, Robin and Ted are trying to one-up each other to prove whose relationship is most stable. But in the process, they realize they don't much care for Nick and Victoria. At the end of this plot, they agree to compromise more but Future Ted says both relationships will end within the month.

Draft saved Draft deleted