1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM - Season 8

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Quinn is the girl dating Barney.

Like Versatile, I enjoyed the zombie-tired parent jokes because I remember those days as a new parent.

Also, the other night I saw an old rerun where Ted had suggested Lily move in with he and Marshall. Barney was going on and on about how he'd screwed up, because one day they'd be living in the apartment and Ted would have to move out. It took a roundabout route to get there, but Barney was right. I'm shocked there wasn't a callback on that.

2. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

You may get your wish, Spikechiquet (or at least HIMYM's writers/creators want to look at like it will be): http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-how-i-met-your-mother-creators-20120918,0,3076186.story

I, myself, Would like a finale where he marries Victoria from the bakery (I still think she is the "Mother"). But last night left me wondering -- again!! -- who the girl with the umbrella could possibly be.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought it has been made clear that it isn't Victoria.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Sepinwall had a great point today about how he couldn't help apply Klaus' crazy speech about something being pretty good, but not quite great: It might as well be a metaphor for the series at this point.

It's fine. Whatever. But it's not the series you fall in love with a stay head over heels in love with forever. You have to tall yourself into it these days.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It isn't talk myself into it, it's want to see the finish line. And I thought the episode was just fine. Couple of laughs. They'll do themselves a big favor when Quinn leaves. One thing I seem to recall about that show is that seasons often start kind of slow -- about a half-dozen meh episodes and then it gets quite a bit better.

Also, Season 8? How many shows aren't on the back side of the mountain by Season 8?

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Most of the last two seasons have been awful with a few good episodes each year.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

If it were Victoria, the show would have been over seven episodes in. It's not Victoria. Ted most certainly would have recognized Victoria standing at the train station after Barney and Robin's wedding -- which is confirmed by the creators that that's where/when he meets the Mother.

8. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The AV Club did a look back at the greatest episode (this is non-negotiable) of How I Met Your Mother, "Slap Bet": http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-farreaching-stakes-of-how-i-met-your-mothers-s,85480/

It's long but a fun read, and Todd VanDerWerff sums up what I still love about the show's premise:

That said, the real reason to watch How I Met Your Mother is because it still is damn funny at least a few times per episode. I don't know how anyone could say it's worse than, say, The Office at this point.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Loved that. And I hope this ...

is true too. Because that would be awesome.

10. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My theory, where the mother is the actress who plays the daughter, got a shout out as the batshit craziest fan theory from the producers.

I'm positive others have said that theory I'm sure but I'm staking my claim.

11. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

"Slap Bet," "Spoiler Alert," and the first episode where Ted meets Victoria at the wedding reception (I forget its title) are my top 3 favorite episodes.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I liked Braff on Scrubs... I fucking hate everything about Radnor.

Draft saved Draft deleted