1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I thought it set the rest of the season up rather nicely. /somebodyhadtosayit

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Eh, I'm easy to please. I liked it.

I don't dislike seeing a deeper, if pathetic, side of Barney. Not sure how it jives with his previous life as a hippy, but whatever. I laughed.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I thought it was on the amusing side, too.

Another episode that won't be mistaken for being amongst the strongest in the series but still better than most of what they had last year.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Whoever wrote the Karate Kid sequence should be fired immediately.

5. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

The leap back and forth from comically manic to serious and sympathetic that they were trying with the Barney character last night was just about impossible to pull off, but NPH came pretty damn close.

Anybody listening to the HIMYM podcasts they're doing on Tuesdays this year on CBS.com? They're pretty short (last week was about 15 mins, this week's was 13), but they give some insight into the writing process. Pretty cool.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Last night's episode was rough. Sepinwall rightly pans it here: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching/posts/how-i-met-your-mother-unfinished-wheres-the-poop

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I thought that the "poop" line was really stupid and I agree that, because we were never given any time to care about Robin-Don, him leaving isn't upsetting. Also the bit about deleting the phone numbers for Marshall and Lily was mind numbingly dumb

The Barney seduction stuff was a little funny, particularly the wingman part played by Marshall.

It's not off of the DVR list, but in the beginning of a week where I have Rubicon, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire and Chuck to watch, HIMYM is at least in mild danger.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Robin's calls to Don were just painful, and not in an entertaining way. The "where's the poop" stuff was just stupid. And after promising we weren't going to see so much of Ted being a dick, they went right back to it with him walking out of class to take the job.

What, he can't just wait until the end of class and use his fucking cell phone? Just stupid.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Him walking out went with the theme of the lecture of unfinished things.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I get that. It still seemed like more of Ted being a dick, which they have done way too much of in this show.

11. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I gave it three episodes. I'll have Mrs. Fear let me know when he finally meets the mother and I'll watch that.

This season would still be bad but it wouldn't be as obvious after watching the first seasons in syndication now.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I thought tonight's episode -- Blitzgiving -- was fantastic.

Not that it was nearly the best part because it's been such a long-running joke on the show, but something that makes me giggle every time: sandwiches standing in for pot.

Draft saved Draft deleted