1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Sep 20, 2010.

1. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

Well SoCalDude just talked about the three best parts of the show for me.

Good episode. Not great, but it will suffice.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

While the mother teases were basically the same old, the writing was much tighter and there was less Ted whining. I still like it better when Barney is a winner instead of Larry from Three's Company, but it was still very funny.

And Lily was sure showing off the girls last night -- I assume some off season surgery was done.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's been quite awhile since this show was good. I thought last night was mediocre at best. I want to know how it ends, but I'm sick of watching what happens between now and then.

4. Mizzougrad96

I cannot for the life of me figure out why they have Mike and Molly at 9:30 while Rules of Engagement gets the 8:30 slot.

I am constantly stunned at what they get away with on 2 1/2 Men, but holy crap does that show suck.

I actually enjoy Rules of Engagement, but nobody would ever mistake it for a great show. I think it just kind of accepts what it is.

5. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Well, Lily came out and told Ted that it was time for the Best Man toast, so I'm thinking she's not dead. Also, she was in a bridesmaid dress. Ted and Marshall were both groomsmen/best man. I'd guess it was Barney, but who the hell knows.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Unless it is someone who we haven't met, the only choices are Barney, Robin, Barney/Robin or the lesbian couple (if only because we know the mother has a connection to both her and Ted, even though Marshall and Lily make no sense). My gut tells me it is Barney/Robin and that is the season, but not series, finale.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What if it's Barney and Robin?

8. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Last season sucked so bad that I have three episodes toward the end of the year still burning space on the DVR and I don't really have any desire to watch them. Did watch the season finale and didn't feel like I missed anything.

The season opener was better than most of last year, but I'm not ready to call it back to what it was or anything.

And maybe Lilly's boobs remain quite impressive because she's still breastfeeding. Or she got surgery.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

2-1/2 Men was a little uncomfortable last night... opening scenes had Charlie Sheen passed out on the stairs. After what he went through over the hiatus, and the show nearly having to be postponed while he went to rehab/jail, it was just a little... uncomfortable. BTW, I think you're right. "Rules" is way more adult than "M&M" (which, I thought, sucked), should be in that 9:30 p.m. slot.

10. Mizzougrad96

How they got a storyline about a 16-year-old having a threesome by the censors I'll never know.

For now, I'll give Mike and Molly the benefit of the doubt, in part because the reviewers, who I'm assuming have seen more than one episode, seem to love it. If you look back at most sitcoms, the pilot is usually pretty terrible when they're setting the stage for the story in 22 minutes.

I wonder who is playing himself more... David Spade on Rules of Engagement or Charlie Sheen on Men.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I would guess it is Barney's wedding.
    I really liked last night's episode. Hit all the right notes and had some great laugh-out-loud moments, especially Marshall walking down the hallway.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understand your discomfort, but that's what the character is, so it doesn't surprise me.

Draft saved Draft deleted