1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 6

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Sep 20, 2010.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Season 5, by all accounts, was the show's worst year. Even the series' creators acknowledged they messed up, and they've promised to right the ship, starting right away in the premiere.

Does HIMYM suit up and get back to being legen- (*wait for it*) -dary tonight?

Discuss.

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I liked it.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

So who was getting married? Barney? Robin? Someone not yet seen?

And it was a good episode. The part about Marshall strutting out of the office and getting high fives as he was off to have sex with his wife made her even laugh.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I missed the first few seconds. Did they say how far in the future that was?

My guess it it's Ted's dad's wedding. Robin maybe, but could Ted ever get that close to a boyfriend/fiance? Plus, it would take some serious, serious nads for the writers to tie Barney up in another relationship. Someone new ... I don't know how. I can't imagine they add a new main character at this point.

The only other this is some lame rehashing of vows between Marshall and Lilly. Maybe the baby issue drives them apart.

Has any couple on a sitcom ever just started screwing and gotten pregnant, by the way? What do you want to bet there is some weird issue that at least postpones their having a baby.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That was Robin's wedding and she had Ted as the bridesmaid/best man.

6. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Groomsman maybe, but best man? Really? I know it's a TV show, but still.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've attended a wedding like that. Admittedly, the maid of honor/best man was the bride's twin brother but he was still the first person in the processional for the bride.

8. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

For the most part I liked the premiere tonight. As promised by Carter/Bays, all the characters were given season-long story arcs to begin, which was much more true to the show's roots than the one-off episodes we had all last year.

One thing did annoy me though. On the press tour, here is what Craig Thomas said, via Alan Sepinwall's blog:

If the bait-and-switch with Rachel Bilson's friend at the bar wasn't the exact same thing, then it was pretty damn close.

9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll play. If Ted's Robin's best man/maid of honor, then Lilly must be dead.

(I'm trying to post as many theories on this so that when we find out, someone can quote me and say "Hey, nice one, Pilot." ... I've always really wanted that to happen.)

10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Enjoyed it. Laughed out loud at this exchange...

Lilly: Marshall, a big package just arrived.

Marshall: Yeah it did!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It absolutely was. You'd think they could have at least made it through the first episode before going back to that well.

12. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Great slow-motion sequence at the end when the two girls started kissing. Everybody is stunned, but Barney whips out his cellphone camera to get a picture.

Are Lilly's boobs even bigger this season than post-baby last season?

Draft saved Draft deleted