1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 21, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Seriously? The way this season has gone?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, I think it was the worst this season and this season has been pretty weak.

3. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I agree Mizzou. Last night was terrible.

4. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

Last night I watched and thought to myself, "I used to love this show."

5. Mizzougrad96

My wife and I both said, "This show is going downhill really fast."

6. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I thought the episode was funny. Of course, I try not to overanalyze things.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Weird, I tend to over analyze things and I thought last night's show was pretty funny.
    One of the better ones so far, but no progress towards the mother.
    It struck me that the producers have made a big deal out of how the viewers won't see the mother until the series finale, then casting Rachel Bilson for the 100th episode means that it will be an elaborate fakeout.
    Or, the producers might have come to their senses and decided to scrap the whole mother in the finale idea and get on with it.
    I personally hope that is what happened.
    It also struck me I was reading about another show — Fringe — and the producers there had constructed an elaborate two-season timeline. But nother producer/consultant came onboard and convinced them to scrap it and get on with it.
    I think that show runners are like wordy writers. People who should stop at 600 words are going on for twice that.
    Pithiness never hurt anyone.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least Barney is back. I thought they did a nice job of getting him back to the over-the-top, amoral Barney we all know and love. The fake moment of emotional maturity which turned out to just be part of his latest scheme was very funny. Barney is always better when he is kind of a jerk.

The last scene was incredibly predictable, but my wife thought it was cute.

Not a great episode, but enjoyable enough for me. Then again, I'm biased. I don't watch many TV shows, and this is the only one on my must-watch list that Mrs. OOP also enjoys. We both like Two and a Half Men sometimes, but don't really mind missing it (though I'm ticked at myself for forgetting to tune in for Tricia Helfer last night).

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Lorenzo Von Matterhorn was the top trending topic on Google.

10. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Last night's episode was one of the first ones I watched in a while. It was clever.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

From the googles

lorenzo von matterhorn
    1st most popular search in the past hour.
    Hotness:Volcanic
    google.com/trends

12. Mizzougrad96

I think it was "We won't know who the mother is until the final episode" I don't think it was "we won't see the mother until the final episode."

If they did it the second way, we could dismiss every person Ted dates until the finale.

With the way this show has gone, it makes you wonder if that finale will come sooner than the producers thought, but with it hitting the syndication number in December, it's probably safe.

Draft saved Draft deleted