1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, he'll date her for about a season and then wind up with her best friend or sister or something like that. I'll be really curious how long they drag it out. The 100th episode means it hits the syndication windfall, which could mean they can now pull the plug and make a lot of money, or milk the show for 3-4 more seasons. With a family comedy (Still Standing, According to Jim...) that's a little easier than with an ensemble cast.

I think if the writers were smart, they'd set an end date and give the show two more seasons and then start building toward it.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The cat funeral and the egg timer/conversation in the rain were funny. The Ted plot was awful. The rest was meh.

3. Mizzougrad96

I watched the four CBS comedies last night...

HIMYM - As I said, very mediocre episode, even though I love the show.

Accidentally on Purpose - Not a bad show, but just not very good either.

Two and a Half Men - Charlie Sheen is great. The women who play Berta and his mother (very small parts) are tremendous. Every other cast member you want to punch repeatedly in the face. The kid is no longer cute. There's nothing lovable about Jon Cryer's "lovable loser" character. Sheen fiance is insufferable. This show will be on for another five years.

Big Bang Theory - One of the best comedies on TV.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I thought the last segment was hilarious with Barney flipping out when he realized what he's become while Ted is off hooking up with hot women. The whole sexless innkeeper story was entertaining, and I liked Marshall's slide shows, but when did most of the characters on this show turn into cartoon characters? Nobody in their right mind would be as over-the-top ridiculous as what we were being forced to digest last night with the couples dating storyline. Blech.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Episodes like that force me to remind myself we are watching the story via old Ted's memories. And who doesn't embellish stories when telling them decades later?

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I forget how old the kids are/were at the start - what if they revealed the mother, and then just carried the story on from there with Ted, wife and the the gang? Instead of meeting at the bar to rehash stories they could meet for Sunday brunch and talk about the events of the week in flashback.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Loved tonight's episode - the line about "not only are you wrong but you boorishly defend your opinion - Robin, You Are an American" made me laugh.
    And the road trip stuff was funny to - who hasn't tried to recreate a youthful adventure with less than great results. The Kenny Rogers audio book was pretty funny.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I thought it was one of the better episodes so far this season. That line by NPH was definitely the highlight. I should probably be frightened by the fact that I thought of SportsJournalists.com when I heard it.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

There were rumors flying a slap was to be delivered last night. I was kind of disappointed it didn't happen. That said, good episode.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Were Marshall and Barney even on screen together last night? Oh well. Barney did take a beating anyway.

I'm waiting for somebody to complain about them going over-the-top again with Lilly on top of the car (though it did provide us with a nice look at Hanigan's motherhood-enhanced boobage).

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

There is zero chance that we get a slap outside of sweeps.

12. Mizzougrad96

Awful episode. Worst in a long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted