1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 21, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Two episodes in and I'm still not particularly impressed. I didn't mind the Ted storyline, with the repeat blind date. Marshall and Lilly were funny. But I'm already tired of Barney doing stupid shit because he doesn't know how to be in a relationship and they haven't even had the chance run that joke into the ground yet.

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Wow, 2002 Ted was, somehow, even douchier than the current version.
    I find it somewhat odd that Ted is such an unlikeable character, particularly as he relates to women.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's season 5, he needs to meet the mother.

4. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

He's not meeting her until the end of the series. The show's creators have said as much every time they've been interviewed about it.

Although from the semi-spoilers Ausiello posted on his EW.com blog, it sounds like Ted comes pretty damn close in Episode 100, which is coming up in January.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

i'm amazed anyone still gives a crap who the mother is. :eek: ::) :eek:

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Since the show is almost to the 100th episode, which means syndicated gold, especially for a pretty family-friendly show, they're going to try to milk this show for everything it's worth.

I always figured if the cast lost somebody, it would be Segel, but NPH is on such a streak that he could be the most likely to leave if they tried to milk another 3-4 years out of it.

8. RayKinsella

RayKinsella Member

No Neal, no show. It is that simple.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

And as great as NPH is, I'm not sure I see him making the transition to movie star at this point. Maybe a Broadway star though.

10. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Family friendly? Monday's episode revolved around strippers.

11. Petrie

Petrie Guest

Which was better: Lesbian Robin, Stripper Lilly...or Mustache Marshall?

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Senor Justica!

Draft saved Draft deleted