1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM: Season 5

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Motherhood has been good to Allyson Hanigan's rack.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. So assuming we hadn't seen her before, the mother's first impression of Ted was watching him make an ass of himself. That fits.

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I noticed.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I noticed it at the Emmys. Rawr!

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Cobie, too.
    Both of those women looked better than ever.
    Just when I was thinking that Cobie is the highlight of my Monday night TV viewing, an hour later Kaley Cuoco showed up. OMG!!!

6. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

The woman in the class nodding to help Mosby spell professor cracked me up.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Very disappointing episode. I'll give them a pass since they had to center the ep around Robin and Barney and that was a no-win scenario, but if it keeps up, this show could be going downhill quickly.

8. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I was fairly unimpressed. I agree with Webster that it all seemed forced.

Lilly's locking Barney and Robin in the bedroom was just way too over the top, even for her stalkerish tendencies. If my circle of friends had someone like that in it, always meddling, we'd have to kick her ass. She pulled that crap with Robin before when she was dating Ted, and now Robin is going to let her do it again?

If I was in a class of 150 or so and the professor was rattling on and on in the wrong room, somebody would have said something even if he was shouting to put their hands down and not taking questions.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Real life and sitcom life are rarely similar.

Was it the best HIMYM episode? Nope, not even close. But it had a few LOL moments, like when Marshall was upset he's never called on Tuxedo Night.

10. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

True, but the characters always rang true to a certain extent.

I could live with Ted being in the wrong classroom (how often would that happen in real life?), but then it belabored the point.

11. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

See I was OK with how long it took to get to the resolution (he got to his actual classroom, and was more relaxed), but was annoyed by the reaction of Lilly and Marshall. Was far too ABC Family for me.

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I loved the scene where the guy asking out Robin said, "Do I have to pull out a gun," for the simple reason that I know guys like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted