1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM -- Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 23, 2008.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Re: HIMYM -- Season 4, episode 1

Not a good episode.
    Robin on the bike was ridiculous.
    Barney and his fist bump, weak.
    Marshall's anti-NY rant was pretty cool, but then he wussed out at the end. They've made his character a total wuss, crying and losing his job.
    Ted telling the kid a bedtime story sort of brought it back and the ending was pretty good.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Another show that might be on "Syndication Cruise Control" so they get their 100 episodes and their huge syndication payday.

I have not been impressed this season.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Weird, I haven't seen the episode yet, but Donna Bowman at the AV Club gave this episode a B+.
    Hmm.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Geez, I don't get the hatred.

Even the worst HIMYM episode is better than most sitcoms currently on air.

5. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I don't know what pissed so many of you off. It wasn't the best episode, but it was fine. Better, I'd boldly claim, than the Sandcastles in the Sand episode that was so universally praised here and elsewhere. I think it's clear the show doesn't quite have the razor sharp focus that it had in Seasons 1 and 2. But I think it still succeeds where other shows don't even try.

I wonder though if Robin is going to be a part-time character from here on out. Ever since she and Ted split, I think the writers have been struggling to figure out what to do with her.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

Well considering she's been offered the job in Japan, I would imagine she won't be around much longer.

I think this episode was setting up stuff for later one. A throwaway effort. The fist bump thing did get on my nerves. But this is a big decision for the characters. Where to live, etc.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Has Ted always called Robin, Aunt Robin? ... I don't seem to recall.
    I thought the episode was decent. The writers are definitely walking the line on the Stella angle (if the season is cut, they can just make her the Mom or if it continues, then she can be written easily out, etc.)

The whole pan to Barney's face made that look like it won't happen.

8. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

yes, she's been aunt robin for a while

and i think it happens and it develops the barney character more

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

*le pant, le pant*

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I believe I saw a blooper early last season when Robin was referred to as Aunt Robin in the opening with the kids. That was before she and Ted broke up, when they were still going strong and it looked like she'd be the one. I don't remember which episode it was, might have been the March Madness bracket. I could be wrong.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He has called her Aunt Robin when talking to the kids since the first or second episode. The last thing he said in one episode was, "That's how I met your Aunt Robin."

Draft saved Draft deleted