1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM -- Season 3 premiere

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The wife and I have just (finally) caught up with this show, and love it. Thought I'd give it its own thread in anticipation of the premire, which starts in about 45 minutes.

Loved the ending of Season 2, with Ted and Barney on the balcony smoking cigars.

Love the end of Ted and Robin, and his line about "I would have stolen you a whole orchestra..." rules.

(So does "Have To Explode" by The Mountain Goats.)

Post your Season 3 Premiere thoughts below!

And on last thing ... Suit up!

2. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I'm expecting ... wait for it ... AWESOME-ness tonight.
    :D

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If you have onDemand, you can watch four mini episodes, each about three minutes long, on Lilly and Marshall's honeymoon in Scotland.
    Hit or miss, but overall not bad.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Holy shit! I don't think I can see Mandy Moore in the sweet, girl-next-door light anymore after seeing tonight's season premiere.

5. Double Down

I thought it was pretty ho-hum. The Slap countdown was funny. Ted's facial hair was funny. Iglecias was a non-entidy. I'd give it a C+.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Come on, this Tramp Stamp stuff is awesome.

7. Double Down

All the different names for Tramp Stamp were funny, but I saw that joke coming from miles away. I think the best part was Mandy Moore asking Barney if his tailor gave him extra room in his pants for his huge vagina.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I liked it. Good way to ease into the season. Do we see "your mother" throughout the season like tonight? Will we meet her this season?

9. 35in44

35in44 Member

That was quite good. Completely and totally enjoyable. And I think we see the mother this season, but that's just me.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Rumor was we get a glance of the mother...I wonder if that umbrella tonight was the glimpse....

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The top-down shot of the brightly-colored umbrella? Absolutely.

But I wonder if she won't turn up in an episode before Ted meets her. Like she'll be in the background at a restaurant or at the bar.

12. Double Down

I think that's totally the way they'll play it. In a way, I wonder if HIMYM will kind of be like LOST, where stuff in the background doesn't seem important, but in a flashback, you put the pieces together. I love the way it's written. I think the mystery of it all really does keep you tuning in, even if the jokes are a little flat. I just hope the kids that Old Ted keeps talking to don't grow up so fast that they have to abandon that stuff.

I still want to know how that Pineapple ended up in Ted's room after the night with Trudy.

Draft saved Draft deleted