1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM returns... And I think we saw the mother tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Mar 18, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Okay I might be the last HIMYM fan left here, but I thought last night's episode was really, really good.
    I might even go as far as saying the best of the season.
    Marshall played despair perfectly.
    And anyone else worried that his movie career might mean the end of the show?
    Oh, and one final note, Robin Sparkles returns next week. Set the Tivo now.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

You're not alone JayFarrar-ito.

I just haven't watched last night's episode yet. Damn spring sports. Damn them!

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I didn't love the episode. Don't know why -- it just seemed like they were checking boxes off of a formula (Barney theory, flashback).

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Webster, I can see that. Still enjoyed it, though.

Though I have to say, I thought Marshall's initial reaction to the problem with his boss was very predictable.

Don't worry, Jay. You are not alone. This is one of the few shows Mrs. OOP and I both enjoy, so I'm staying with this one to the end.

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Outside of the tears, Marshall was very good in this episode -- he's a bit of a one-note actor, but he did a nice job. The scenes with he and Barney were the highlight to me.

As a lawyer who worked in big firms, don't bitch about your workload if you are coming home when the sun is out.

Draft saved Draft deleted