1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM returns... And I think we saw the mother tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Mar 18, 2008.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Exactly. Best part was after Marshall hauled off and drilled Barney, he just stood over him and said, "That's two."

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Pretty funny episode tonight. The meta Doogie Howser moment at the end was fucking awesome.

BTW, checkout TedMosbyisajerk.com. The song playing on it is literally 20 minutes long. And it's kind of crazy, but kind of funny too.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There were a couple good references (millionaire who steals art just for the thrill of it), the Doogie music and journal (was that the first blog?) and the One Shining Moment music. And I'm trying to think of where I heard the music sample they cut to when going through the "brackets" (was it Who Wants to be a Millionaire?)

4. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Doogie music and the writing on the computer was great!

Also, my favorite line tonight (paraphrased best I can recall):
    Barney: "You're asking me to talk to a girl after I've had sex with her?! Ugh No - That's like changing the oil in a rental car."

5. zufer

zufer Active Member

Could this be the "mother"?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Instant, easy laugh as soon as the Doogie Howser music started. You know they had to go there eventually, but it was time and they pulled it off nicely.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Laughed my ass off at the Doogie diary moment at the end of the show... It wasn't "Let's Go To the Mall" but it was still pretty damn funny...

8. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I loved the Doogie Howser, and the chick in his bed.
    This is my thought. My woife thinks Stella is the mother, but I don't. And after tongiht, here's why:
    The woman who talked to Lilly was Stella, she has never seen her before. So, she tells Lilly about Barney. Remember, she had a kid that was a mistake. Barney was the mistake

So I see an intersting plotline developing here.

Althought I could be full of crap.

Edit: all of this is null and void of Stella saw Barney at her office. I don't think she did though?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But Barney went to see Stella at her office, where he hit on her receptionist. If Stella and Barney had a history, it would have been mentioned by one of them.

And I don't think Ted marries one of Barney's ex-one night stands. I could see her being a friend of one of Swarley's conquests. But not an actual bedmate.

10. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

I know, that's why I don't think she's the mother. My wife does, and I thought that was plausible. Until tonight.

Hell, Barney may have forgotten about Stella, too. And they showed him at the end, but did they show him any other time in her office? I can't remember. I just thought it would be an interesting plotline if Ted falls in love with Stella, then find out Barney hit that back in the day.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't remember Doogie. I thought it was a reference to Sex and the City with Sarah Jessica Parker pecking out her column.
    I was trying to place the music that was playing with the scene and was full of 80s tv fail.
    Good episode. And a really good one to follow Britney. Hopefully more people will stick around

12. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

And in case anyone cares, tedmosbyisajerk.com is sheer genius.
    Listen to the song, the whole song. It won't be a waste of 20 minutes or so it takes for it to play.
    The end part has already been decoded as well.
    No spoilers from me though.

Draft saved Draft deleted