1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM returns... And I think we saw the mother tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agree completely. I wonder how much that will hurt it if/when it gets syndicated...

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some, I'm sure, but watching Marshall slap the shit out of Barney is still funny even if you never saw the origin of the slap bet. They did a nice job explaining it last time around.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

If you know the backstory, it makes the show funnier, but I talked to someone who saw it the first time - because of Britney - and they were very amused and plan to keep watching.
    Another thing, I usually delete shows off my tivo, but HIMYM, I save and watch again. I miss a lot of jokes the first time around.
    On second viewing, Marshall has some really good lines. "Presenting" and having a sloppy joe, shrimp cocktail and milkshake 10 weeks after saying that's what he was going to have that day.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I hope it makes it to syndication so we can find out. You need, what, 100 shows to make it to syndication? That would probably mean two more seasons. I suppose we'll have Britney to thank if it gets there though. Alan Sepinwall said he felt really good about the show's chances at renewal after nearly 11 million watched on Monday.

We need it to be renewed so we can learn more about, among other things:

1. The Pinnaple Incident with Winnie Cooper
    2. More Robin Sparkles videos
    3. Ashley Williams, the adorable pastry chef from Season 1 (and Good Morning Miami) who Ted dumped for Robin when she as in France.
    4. When the next two slaps will be delivered

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Well, we get to see another Robin Sparkles video this season.

I'm guessing the final slap won't be delivered until years and years in the future. Like when they're all old and gray.

6. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

It wasn't France, was it? I thought it was Germany... Could be wrong.

I didn't get on the HIMYM boat until season 2. Then I had to borrow my friends' DVD to catch up on stuff. Each episode will stand alone, but to fully appreciate the whole thing, you have to watch the whole thing.

7. Double Down

You're right, I think it was Germany, byd.

8. [blue]Cause if there's something Germany is famous for, it's delicious pastry.[/blue]

Unless ya like streudel.

9. I believe we get another Robin Sparkles video here soon ... I heard it was a ballad, so that is sure to be good.

And isn't there only one slap left? I thought it was 3 slaps total - 1 right at the start, 2 on slapsgiving and 3 still to come. Maybe I am wrong though.

10. Double Down

Slap count:

1. Right at the beginning.
    2. During Barney's avant garde off-off-off Broadway play
    3. Slapsgiving.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Edit: Double Down beat me to it. The play was the highlight because it came without warning. Slapsgiving was still funny, but having it hyped ahead of time was a bit much.

12. Good call, I can't believe I forgot the play.

Draft saved Draft deleted