1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM returns... And I think we saw the mother tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Mar 18, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The hotness largely depends on personal preference.
    But I could make a solid argument that if Chalke joined the show, she would be at best, the second hottest girl in the cast.
    And even then it might be a tie for second.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

that's fucking insane...not that I'm surprised...

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Part of what makes Chalke so mesmerizing -- I mean, other than all those times she took her shirt off on Scrubs -- is that she does comedy so well. She's very good at physical comedy, and delivering her lines with the kind of timing that gets laughs.

I do have to say, though, that in Seasons 1 and 2 she was obviously pretty, but when they vamped her up in season 3 to represent her growing confidence ... Good Lord.

Like, for instance, this fake pole dancing scene, which represents Chalke's hotness (even though she's fully clothed) and how well she plays the dork.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

It kills me when she laughs so hard that she snorts.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Tuned in last night and as usual enjoyed the flashbacks (the book, the mustache bet), can't believe people think two and half men (Charlie Sheen sitting on a couch making snide comments to his brother about all the ass he gets) is better than this. The bachelorette party episode might have been my favorite HIMYM. Though Barney's granola flashback was strong as well. When did he start hooking up with Robin?

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Swarley and Robin have never hooked up.

7. Double Down

He didn't. That was the joke. She was saying she wouldn't hook up with him because it would change the dynamic of the group, even though she had already hooked up with Ted.

I hope they don't try to pair off Robin and Barney.

I tempted to do a Five favorite HIMYM eps, but the whole thing seems too daunting at the moment.

By the way, Wikipedia says Chalke will be back two episodes from now. And the Britney's appearance helped give HIMYM its best ratings ever. 10.6 million.

ONE LAST EDIT: For anyone who wants to see the 2-minute Date again, and hear Big Star...

http://www.duckydoestv.com/2008/03/25/how-i-met-your-mothers-2-minute-date-video/

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

On review, it was for sure Big Star's 13 in the 2-minute date, but it might have been Wilco's note-for-note cover a couple, three years back in a Big Star tribute album.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Chalke, to me, is more adorable than hot, if that makes sense. Trust me, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating Triscuits. I think Robin is the hottest on that show.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I tried watching this show once, to no avail. Am I missing something?

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Yes. It's a clever story told by a father to his children and portrayed through zany comedy. There are tender moments, too. It's a great show, and I am relatively new to it.

12. Double Down

As with some things, it's best to watch from the beginning. Other than Arrested Development, I'm not sure any show has ever relied upon building a knowledge of past jokes than HIMYM. It's like the LOST of comedies in the way they play with time and have callbacks to previous shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted