1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM returns... And I think we saw the mother tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Mar 18, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Was the girl Ted bumped into Rashida Jones?
    She being Quincy's daugther and last seen making Jim hot and bothered on the Office.
    It kinda, sorta looked like her, but it wasn't a very long look and even on pause the angles and shadows threw it off.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Doubtful Jay, since she's doing a sitcom on Fox.

3. JayFarrar

She is?
    Must have missed that one.
    Still could be her, especially if all they needed was just one scene for this season.
    I like how this show has created its own little universe. Big characters, little characters. Everything seems to go together.
    Critic from the Boston Globe nailed it when he talked about how this show and shows like Lost and Heroes play around with time and reward viewers who pay attention.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Don't worry... That show will be gone in a few weeks... It's fucking dreadful...

5. JayFarrar

I didn't even know it was on. So I guess I won't miss it.

"Hey Lil, free nail!"

Anybody ever pocket dialed? I have, even on lock, sometimes a call will go through. I don't know how though.

6. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

I thought this was a good show to come back -- not huge laugh-out-loud moments like some previous eps (Robin Sparkles, and that hilarious slapbet), but a good episode.
    If this show is canceled, I'll be beyond pissed. It's really the only sitcom I currently watch, besides reruns of Seinfeld and Everybody Loves Raymond.

7. My thoughts exactly. It was too obvious to not mean something ... unless that was the plan all along, but I have to think that was the mother.

I loved this episode just because of how it slowly weaved the mother in. That's what so great about the show, it's a mystery that is hilarious. Such brilliant writing.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Have you guys seen the snippets for Britney's appearance?

What a wonderful little, comedic performance.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/tv-news-story/ar/_a/britney-goes-gaga-in-mother-cameo/20080320170709990001

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ehh. Wasn't all that good. She played a barely coherent woman. Not much of a stretch.

I watched it for a cameo by the smokin Sarah Chalke, and I was not disappointed, even if she played a more confident version of Dr. Reid...right down to the hysterical laughter that turns into snorts.

This was my first time watching How I Met Your Mother, and I was impressed. Good chemistry with the cast, some sharp writing and a sweet ending that felt authentic and not the least bit contrived. I'd like to catch up to it from the beginning. Perhaps this summer on DVD.

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I like Sarah Chalke -- a lot.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is a clever show and one of its strong points is references to past episodes. The slap-bet storyline alone is worth catching up on.

12. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I watched it at the gym, flipping back and forth between the Cal-tOSU and Okie St.-FSU women's game. I was shocked to see Sarah Chalke on there with Brit. But, I digress. I still love me some Cobie and Allyson.

Draft saved Draft deleted