1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM returns... And I think we saw the mother tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by CitizenTino, Mar 18, 2008.

1. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

Good comeback episode. Anybody else tonight see Ted randomly bump into a girl in the middle of the bar, apologize and forget about it. They don't throw random stuff like that in without paying it off at some point.

I'm morbidly curious to see how well Britney Spears' appearance goes next week. Hopefully it draws a good rating because I can't think of a whole lot of better "gets" in terms of stunt casting and a poor rating there is a death blow for a show already on the fence for a return next year.

2. Flash

Flash Guest

Darn ... napped right through it.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

HIMYM is not a show I watch too often, however, I did catch it tonight. I think you're right - the woman he bumped into has to be her.
    When was the Britney episode filmed -- pre-psychotic court breakdown or post?

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The way that this show is big on the fake outs, I doubt that the girl that he bumped is the mother. Wasn't a bad episode, but the less likeable Ted have a moment of self realization would have been better had this not been the first new episode in months.

Everything that I've read is that the show is in big danger of being cancelled. Plus, Les Moonves has previously told reporters that he doesn't think that the show is funny.

5. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Yeah, Mrs. Slydell and I both went "That's the Mother" when he bumped into her. So I guess she comes looking for the umbrella at some point.

I pray this show doesn't get canceled, or if it does someone else has the good sense to pick it up. Loved Barney's green suit.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Damn, I hate missing an episode when a show comes back from a hiatus like that. I just hope if they do get cancelled, they actually have a real final episode. I'm sure the plan is for us to meet the mother. I hope they get to do that with the last episode.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Britney filmed next week's episode a week or two ago... They're trying to turn them around as quickly as possible...

I'm all for the Britney episode because this show always seems to be borderline about getting renewed and hopefully it will pull big ratings for that show and viewers will stick around so it gets renewed.

It's one of the few good sitcoms on TV...

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My favorite line was Marshall talking about the Confederate ghost -- "he was fighting for state's rights!"

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Then he is a freakin' moran.

I'd hope NBC would pick it up. HIMYM would fit perfectly on Thursday night there.

10. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I like the show. I like the writing. I really like Robin but it looks like she's headed for a lesser role (boo hoo).

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Hear is the info you may be looking for.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/03/himym.html

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2008/03/first-picture-o.html

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted