1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIMYM (3/30): Your "Murtaugh List"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

As explained in tonight's episode, items on your "Murtaugh List" harken back to the Lethal Weapon movies and Roger Murtaugh's stand-by line, "I'm too old for this shit." So, Ted has constructed his Murtaugh List, things he now think's he's too old for.

Got me wondering what folks' ML would be. I imagine some are longer than others (hi spnited!)...

Mine: I'm too old to...
    * do my laundry at the local college laundrette/bar.
    * sit in the UC student section to cheer.
    * care about "The Hills," "Gossip Girl," or any other such shows that highlight the vapid.

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Listen to or care about the Jonas Brothers or their vapid music.

3. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I'm too old to care about whatever fucking meeting you have to get to or what wedding you're going to miss because of flight delays. I just really don't care.

I want to get rid of you just as much as you want to leave. Prolly more. Just shut the fuck up. There are no other options. LGA has delays, and that's for all airlines. Sit down and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Sorry.

4. Cubman71

Cubman71 Guest

* take doubleheader softball games from church-school teams over the phone.

Fuck

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Good one. I second.

6. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

If this is a discussion of tonight's episode as well, I just want to say this.

The whole recurring theme about Robin trying to educate the rest of the group about Canadian pop culture is horribly unfunny.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

As a friend of mine said on Facebook ... I'm too old to help people move and/or to move myself. You move a dozen times in a dozen years, you've earned the right to pay other people to haul your shit for you.

8. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm too old to go back to my college and have fun without feeling like an intruder ... or that guy.

9. Hiro

Hiro Member

Explain, please.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

I was never young enough to care about the Jonas Brothers, or any of their many ancestors. Was I born old?

11. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

The whole joke about "MacElroy and LaFleur" as the Canadian Lethal Weapon. Because she's always like "ZOMG you guys have never heard of it?!?!?" Same happened with the line about Harvey's trays and the Frozen Snowshoe the week before. And a zillion times before that. It's become tired.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think last night they reached the point of doing that gag once too often.

Draft saved Draft deleted