1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HIM (Cannonball Run II) Alert!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Him! Is on.
    Cannonball Run II, the second greatest Cannonball Run movie ever made is on CMT!!!!!

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

I bet that the Tony Danza/Mel Tills/orangutan team wins.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I remember when I had to see Cannonball Run III in the summer of '84. My best friend and I were driven to the theatre, where anything worth a shit was sold out: Ghostbusters, Star Trek III, Karate Kid and at least one or two other movies. So Cannonball Run III it was. Don't remember a thing about it, so I guess it didn't suck too bad (looking at you, The Marrying Man!).

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Oh no. It sucked. It redefined suck.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh I'm sure it did, but if I make it to 100 I will remember how fucking horrible "The Marrying Man" and "Malice" were. Eat a bowl of dicks, Alec Baldwin!!!

6. You sure you're not thinking of II? It was out in 1984.
    Cannonball Run III, aka Speed Zone, was out 1989.

7. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

Could they remake Cannonball Run today with that kind of all-star cast? Or maybe It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World?

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Norm MacDonald would have to play the Burt Reynolds character ...

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Sammy Davis Jr. and Dean Martin made the Cannonball Run movies comical.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Didn't they remake 'It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World' and call it 'Rat Race'?

Draft saved Draft deleted