1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's negatives are too high? Um, no.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jboy, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Yes, I did. And I'm getting tired of both sides. That's the transforming element of Yawn.

But, research it - I've said that the Republicans have wandered far away from traditional conservative ideology and that's a point that angers me. I just believe that the liberal way of saying "we care about you" as being nothing more than hypocritical wordspeak is the worse alternative.

2. Inches from actual English there at the end -- "wordspeak"? are you going for "newspeak," the Orwell term? -- but the departed from conservative principles, assuming that you mean the classic forms, is also hard to argue with.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

We're pretty similar... I probably like McCain best, but I know he has zero chance... I like Biden the best of the democrats, but he has less of a chance than McCain...

The only thing that scares me about Bloomberg is I think he'll hurt the republicans more than the democrats, kind of a Perot like impact, even though Bloomberg is 1,000X better than Perot...

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Meanwhile, somewhere, there are people who actually believe government can do some good things like reducing crime, educating our citizenry, providing a safeguard against abject poverty, defending our nation from invasion, building roads, controlling pollution, providing disaster relief, protecting mine workers and other workers in dangerous jobs, going to the moon, ensuring the health of its citizens, and other such stuff.

But that hasn't been experienced much since last century so people forget. Republicans argue that government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it.

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Everything was perfect in "the last century" of course. Under your beloveds, no miners were injured, everyone was healthy, pollution didn't happen... Damn, man, you act like bad things only started to happen recently.

6. Point of Order

Is that what I said?

7. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

If you are going to steal P.J. O'Rourke's lines, at least have the decency to give him credit.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Gary Sheffield is apparently endorsing Hillary Clinton while in New York the weekend. The thoughful mercurial star, known for his intelligence and keen insight into life, is once again speaking the truth to power. When asked why he isn't endorsing Barak Obama, Mr. Sheffield responded "Obama is half black and half white. ... Obama ain't all the way black." But Hillary's got an ass like a real sistah.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Shit, what is the temperature in hell today? That's two near eye-to-eye's......

10. Point of Order

**borrowed. And I don't need a fucking lecture from you. Thanks.

11. This might be the first presidential election in my lifetime where every candidate has a fatal flaw. A strong case can be made for why each one won't win.
    So I think, really, their flaws basically cancel each other out, in most cases. That means it will come down to who has the most upside. That might be Hillary. I don't know.

12. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

OUTING ALERT: Point of Order is Joe Biden. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted