1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's negatives are too high? Um, no.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jboy, Aug 17, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

And so we shall.

2. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

A year ago, I was saying Hillary would never win the presidency and that I'd never vote for her, even though I always vote Democrat.

But I've seen the light. She is, quite simply, almost as good of a politician as her husband (and he's probably the best ever). This is a very, very strong Democratic field of candidates, and she is a man among boys. Point of Order's post is right on all counts. At this point, what can you possibly say about Hillary that hasn't been said already? For every shot she takes, she comes back packing a bigger punch. She's a tough, hardened campaigner, and she's done nothing but kick ass since this process began.

Hillary will be the president.

3. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I'm shocked, SHOCKED to hear Rove lie about something like this.

4. No Problem, You'll thank me later

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Six months ago I would have said there was no way in hell she can win... I no longer feel that way...

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The thought of Hillary in the White House in those pant suits makes my lever go limp.

7. Mizzougrad96

Boom,

Which candidate do you like best right now?

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

The only candidate with Arkansas ties who has a legitimate chance (well, let's say INTEGRITY) is Mike Huckabee. His remark about America having the right to have the same health insurance Congress has, though used before by others, depicts what he REALLY believes. It's too bad he doesn't have the political johns out there who have the money churning for their favorite candidate.

9. Mizzougrad96

Plus, it would be the first time a sitting president gave his state of the union from the set of the Colbert Report... Huckabee is a three-time guest...

Seems very likable. I'm glad he did well in the straw poll... I still don't know if he can hang with the big boys... Should be interesting...

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Bill also has Ross Perot to thank for getting him elected. Hillary probably won't get that kind of help this time around.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I used to think that Hillary was too polarizing to get elected. But now, I have come around. I think there is a sizable contigent of voters who will walk in the voting booth, hold their nose and vote for Hillary. They will say to themselves, "I don't like that woman. I never have. But this country is pretty messed up right now and I think she will do a better job than (fill in GOP nominee). Her husband did a good job and she probably will too. If she doesn't, we can vote her out in 2012."

As I've said before, all Hillary needs to do is win all of the states that John Kerry won, plus Ohio or Florida. She could also have a decent shot at picking off New Mexico, West Virginia, Missouri, Arkansas and/or Iowa. Rudy might make things more competitive in the northeast, but he gives up a lot in the midwest (The GOP is competitive in WI, MN, IA, MO, OH because of culturally conservative voters). Romney and Fred really don't change the calculus from 2004. McCain probably has the best chance because of his appeal to independents, but if he pulls off the Kerry-like miracle to win the nomination, he will be damn near broke from Feb to the convention and Hillary will be able to own the airwaves.

12. Excuse me?
    Nixon? William Jennings Bryan?
    LINCOLN? Twice?
    I don't think HRC's in the ame ball[ark there, Mizzou.

Draft saved Draft deleted