1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's loving Mickey Kantor right about now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Let us all know when you upload it to YouTube!

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

You covered John Rocker?

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Given I voted for Clinton in Indiana in 1992, maybe I should make myself a T-shirt with the phrase, "I'm Mickey Kantor's white n*****!"

Any other Hoosiers (not Indianans!) want to go in on this?

4. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I finally saw "The War Room" a few weeks ago, and yes, George came off bad. But I thought he came off even worse in the book he wrote right at the end of the Clinton administration.

5. flopflipper

flopflipper Member

There is some question about the veracity of the second part of Kantor's quote. It isn't really that clear when watching it on YouTube.

It is kind of funny that Kantor grew up in Tennessee, albeit Nashville. It's not like he grew up in Nantucket.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Ha! Yeah I did cover Rocker actually, but it wasn't him - it wasn't somebody that obvious - it's someone with a really squeaky image. And yet, I doubt anybody would be that shocked, either.

I'd never put it on YouTube and won't ever do anything with it because the other people in the video -- the Carville and Stephanopoulos -- are good people -- one of them a former boss -- who come out looking bad when they laugh nervously at the remark. Don't have it in me to screw over innocent people.

7. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

If a black guy said those things, I'm pretty sure the skies would fall and the seas would boil -- at least on cable news.

8. Having watched the clip, again, it seems to me that the numbers come in from Indiana, and Kantor concludes that they're close enough to get the Bush I WH nervous, and then says, if I'm hearing it correctly, something along the lines of how'd you'd like to get beat by a low-rent white n..., meaning, I think, Clinton himself. Indiscreet, yes, but a far cry from what's being sold by that useless closet-case in a fedora who seems to be the ultimate source of this nonsense.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Claims he didn't say it at all.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/05/02/clinton-adviser-claims-in_n_99810.html

So an informal adviser to someone who wasn't running for something 16 years ago might not have said something about anything and this is important? Got it.

Add:

The sound suggests, if anything, that instead of saying "How would you like to be a worthless white n****r?" Kantor says, "How would you like to be in the White House right now?"

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Actually Fens, interestingly, I saw a blog entry about this posted yesterday on ... wait for it... ABC News.

I'll see if I can dig it up.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

I agree it's a whole lot of nothing. But I also think if it was an Obama tape from 16 years ago that had someone next to him saying something inappropriate it would be blown up 1,000000000000000 times.

I mean Hillary actually said, "Screw 'em" in a conversation about blue collar voters (I know the context, save your breath), but that story fizzled out in what, a couple of hours?

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Egregiously full of shit hypocrites covers it nicely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.