1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's loving Mickey Kantor right about now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by flopflipper, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I predict Mickey Kantor will not be chosen to fire the starting gun at next year's Little 500.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It takes a very special breed of egomaniacal idiot to permit yourself to be filmed (with audio), speaking those choice morsels.

But, Mickey Kantor? No surprise.

Anything. To. Win.

3. Yes.
    Once again, the Clinton people are demonstrated to have invented political ambition.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He knows the camera's there. Keeps right on going.

A little giddy with the exit numbers, methinks.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Brought it to particularly-ugly extremes? Yes.

6. Yes, because people occasionally get giddy and indiscreet when they win elections they weren't supposed to win a year earlier.
    And, Ben, please see, "Atwater, Lee' or "Brown, Floyd," or "Bossie, David" or "Dolan, Terry" for reasons why you're pretty much wrong.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think this will get to be a very big deal. It's rolling out like the Wright clips -- starting to blow up on blogs, but not much yet on the (shudder) MSM. I haven't seen anything on the Indianapolis Star site about it, although I presume (hope) it's because someone is trying to track down Kantor and the Clinton campaign to have them explain themselves.

Luggie, as for your scale, I think this will be closer to 10 than 1. Here you have a current advisor insulting only the state Clinton needs to have any case to get the nomination. Yeah, it's a while ago, but Clinton is going to have to answer a lot of questions on whether she and her campaign really care about voters -- not that it should be a terrible shock that candidates ditch voters the moment they're done with them, but you have to at least pretend to care about more than your own ambition. I would expect a lot of picking over of what was seemingly minor rudeness like doing the Bob & Tom radio interview with the guy in the truck in that whole sham setup on gas prices.

However, given his appearance in the video, I doubt we'll see George Stephanapolous ask Clinton, "Do you love Indiana more than Mickey Kantor does?"

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

As I've posted here before... Way back when I was a videotape editor, I came across some footage of a well-known athlete saying basically the same kind of thing. I made a copy naturally. ;D Actually, I have no idea why I made a copy - which was probably illegal. I was thinking it might be background on a future story, I suppose. YouTube didn't exist back then. But my point is, it's amazing how many people get their hands on this kind of footage and copy or save it.

10. George Stephanopolous comes across worse in retrospect in The War Room than almost anyone else. My favorite moment is when he turns off a reporter on the phone who's talking about some bimbo eruption or another and tells the guy, essentially, that, if he runs the story, he'll never eat at the cool-kid table in DC again.
    And zeke, if you honestly believe that the Clintons are uniquely -- or even egregiously -- vicious campaigners, you really need to get out more. Seriously.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

If nothing else, this shows what a horrible choice it was for ABC News to let George Stephanopoulos moderate that debate. What a joke.

12. Fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.