1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's getting her excuses ready...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Dec 12, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

It's not really a smear. Obama admitted doing drugs in his book.

It just smacks of stupidity and desperation. And it's not the first smear tactic utilized by the Clinton campaign against Obama.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Read the Shaheen quote again. It's a smear.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

According to our friends at dictionary.com, the definition of smear that would apply here is:
    "4. to sully, vilify, or soil (a reputation, good name, etc.)"

I don't know if that applies here. He doesn't imply directly that Obama is using drugs now. He asks questions, most of which are immaterial in my eyes, since Obama already has admitted drug use.

(By the way, the admitted drug use in no way makes me rule out Obama. I'll probably vote for him.)

What the comments do show is that Clinton's campaign is getting desperate, trotting out Shaheen like they did. This was orchestrated. And it backfired, IMO.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

He rolled over and told you that in bed last night, didn't he? Or was it at the hilltop hangout where in Greg Marmalard fashion, he spent all night bitching about my philosophy while you, um, played.....

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And Hillary wouldn't get rid of the guy because under the table, he got a bigass Christmas bonus. Maybe that kind too. Just to settle an old score with Willy.

6. Guh, guh, guuhhhhhhh!
    Jesus, hire a hooker already.

7. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Poor Hillary...

The whole world's against her. Pity poor Hillary. She's just a victim in a ruthless game of politics. It just sucks to be her, since she walks around with a giant target painted on her head...*sigh*

I'll say this: I've always voted Democratically my entire life. But I won't cast a vote for HRH HRC.

It's not b/c she's a woman or b/c of who she's married to or anything like that. I love WJC.

She's too hawkish on defense. She was a zealous advocate for health care reform till she sold herself out to big pharma, the insurance companies, et cetera. She's that smart girl we all went to high school with and hated, not out of jealousy, but because she had the personality of steel wool.

If it were just Bill running, that'd be great. But it's not. No wonder he fucked around on her...wouldn't you?!? Personally, I'd rather be charged with adultery than necrophilia.

The vast majority of people have woke the hell up and figured out that the GWB form of Republicanism has put us in a tailspin that we might not pull out of for a very long time, both financially and with our nation's reputation amongst other countries.

So many candidates are running with an "I'm 180 degrees from George" undercurrent to their respective campaigns. At the end of the day, I wonder if HRH HRC will be able to claim even a 45-degree difference.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Personally, I'd rather be charged with adultery than necrophilia.

Phenomenal.

9. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well, whatever it takes to NOT vote for her. She's a sellout that's for sure. But a liberal rejection of Hillary is as good as a conservative slam of Hillary. Either way, no vote.

10. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Old joke:

A defendant stands before the judge in court. The judge says, "You've been charged with beastiality and necrophilia. Is there anything you'd like to say before the court?"

"Yes, your honor...I had no idea the cat was dead when I fucked it."

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

This is all bullshit. It's a re-run of 2004, when the coventional wisdom and the polls had Howard Dean cleaning Kerry's clock. Then, when the Democratic mainstream realized that Dean couldn't win, they flocked to Kerry. It will be the same thing. Enough voters will realize that Obama can't win (not this time), and realize Hillary is the only candidate electable (I refuse to concede that Empty-suit John Edwards has a shot).

Draft saved Draft deleted