1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's getting her excuses ready...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Dec 12, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But if you don't tune in soon, you'll completely miss Kuccinich. As it is, you've already missed Gravel.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I cannot believe she's getting this desperate this early. There's a long way to go in this race for her to try and argue the issues instead of just slinging mud everywhere.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Because she's run on being inevitable until just a while ago. She's avoided taking any position on anything. But losing any of the early states really puts a hole in that theory. And so, she's pretty damn desperate to hold and win in Iowa and New Hampshire. And her numbers just aren't looking good right now.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But she's been around politics for how long? How can you do this, especially in this day and age, and not realise that its going to backfire.

Get out there in both states, and instead of going negative, get some campaign ads out there that make people feel warm and fuzzy in the leadup to the holiday season and get some positive feeling going towards her.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is Hillary. She doesn't do warm and fuzzy.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

She's a fake.
    Every smile is contrived, you know she's just got the "I'm gonna get cooties" feeing each time she has to wade into the unwashed and actually meet people

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Can't she sit by a fire and have herself, Bill and Chelsea wish everyone a happy holiday, and ask that they vote for her in the caucas?

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

You'd think. But, yeah, she's Hillary. Too brittle for such things.
    And am I the only one who wants to see her lose at least in part so that Yawn will have to change his photo?

9. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

*Raises Hand*

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Robert Novak's latest, which moved across the wire today, tells of how Hillary's campaign is now saying that Obama is skirting campaign finance laws with some form of a slush fund -- as well as up to other dirty tricks. It was fun to see Novak, Mr. Right, debunk Mrs. Clinton. Can't find a link, otherwise I'd provide one.

11. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Yawn might not change the Hillary picture, since he's doubtlessly grown proud of the way it broadcasts his boundless idiocy. He seems most pleased with himself when he's floundering in the deepest nether-regions of his cretinism. That photo's a pretty good example. Suggesting that a pro-elite, pro-capitalist, pro-Establishment, Machiavellian monster of the US political system like HRC is in any way similar to Che Guevara is an extreme expression of stupidity.

12. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

The college kids in Iowa who are politically active will be back for the caucus.

The University of Iowa campus is pretty liberal. Since I'm there every week, I see plenty of Obama bumper stickers and signs. I see few Hillary supporters there. (I also see the whackjob bumper stickers that say "9/11 was an inside job" and one that said "Axles of Evil" with a picture of an SUV on it, but that's the way Iowa City is).

I was on the road last week all throughout the state. The Obama signs are popping up, many more than the Hillary signs.

I just don't sense a lot of Hillary support in this state. They love Obama, they love Edwards. There just isn't a connection with Hillary.

And no, I won't be caucusing.

Draft saved Draft deleted