1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary's Done !

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I love it.

I wondered aloud if the black politicians who are backing the Clintons were doing so for their own personal gain rather than the wants and the will of their constituents.

I had a real problem in particular with the posturing of Representative John Lewis out of Georgia and his lapdogging for Hillary as if he had a collar around his neck with his tongue hanging out his mouth waiting for her toss him a bone.

Now it looks like they're jumping ship seeing the outpouring of support Obama has garnered from their own districts.

Now they want to avoid carrying the yoke of responsibility if Obama loses and their names being attached to it.

So it put them in a position where they had to do it to sustain their cushy livelyhoods anyway.

I'm sick of these old black civil rights generation politicians who refuse to let go of their strangle hold of power standing behind their "you didn't have it as bad as us" routine.

The young people have spoken.

2. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Same with most of the right-wing pundit machine. Why would they support Clinton over McCain? Because they know it's four to eight guaranteed years of a ravenous audience. She comes pre-demonized.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

My gosh, I'd better get the duct tape and store up on food and supplies for the inevitable implosion of the Democratic Party.

Good to see the Clinton Rules in full force today. I know it's a message board and all, but can we hold ourselves to a higher standard than Jerry Falwell's DVD-of-the-month club?

Keep your eyes on the ball, people.

Anyway, I'm glad, as a Democrat that we had two -- no, three -- exceptional candidates:

Obama's Extraordinary Wave Fails to Sink Extraordinary Foe

4. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I agree with you.

One thing I'll say about the Republican party. They have a bunker mentality when it comes to the sustenance of their party. I don't think the Democrats have ever displayed that same type of discipline.

5. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

Everyone overreacts to every action the Clintons take. Her recent attacks are benign and, to me at least, not very effective. But some people are so tired of this family they're angered by everything. This is the problem with her candidacy and why it would be difficult for her to be an effective leader. It's also the reason no family should be in power too long.

6. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I've posted this before, but I don't think the "Hillary destroys party thing" happens. She still has to go back to the Senate. The Clintons are a lot of things but they're not dumb.

7. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

When does Hillary bring out the brass knuckles?

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Any moment, now.

But after that "slumlord" blank she fired, you wonder how much ammo she has.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

"Over? Did someone say over? Nothing's over until we decide it is." [/Clinton campaign manager John Blutarsky]

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

That was really said?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I always though Jimmy Carter blew chunks too.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

Yawn just killed four cats.

Draft saved Draft deleted