1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Was Sailing Along On Moonlight Bay, With Her Huge Lead . . . Until THIS

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/driver_licenses_for_undocument.html

. . . and ever since, the air's slowly escaped from the balloon, week by week . . .

JM and BO have danced around the issue skillfully . . . HRC tried to sound assertive, shooting from the hip, and got bit.

The Issue Of Death. Untouchable. Untreatable.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

That, like Terri Schiavo for Fredo, was the first crack in the veneer for each.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That -- and the charade surrounding the disingenuous Scooter -- were the first two sustained nudges down what has evolved into a very, very deep valley.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Hillary thought she could draft off Eliot Spitzer's heat on this one.

Ooops.

Instead it gave Obama an opening ... even though Obama may have the exact same policy.

Which in my opinion is a smart policy. Yeah they're illegal, but if you know who they are and where they live, no problem. Don't disagree with that.

But Hill misjudged U.S. opinion big-time on this. As did Chimp Boy.

Muck Fark Penn.

Hill should've gone with a good ol' snake-faced swamp boy from the start.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I've met Carville. Really like him -- because he's one of the most naturally-curious people I've ever met. Always asking questions. I don't even hold his
    wholly-irrational loyalty to HRC against him.

6. markvid

markvid Guest

Ben, you do realize that link is from October?

7. Is it inconvenient of me to point out that, right now, the polls have her trailing by an eyelash in Texas and kicking all kids of ass in Ohio?
    Yes, polls suck, and have sucked, this time around. But sometimes, they don't.

8. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

If she's kicking the children of Ohio, I fear the public backlash may me immense.

9. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

A post making fun of a typo has its own typo. Is this a great place or what?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Re: Hillary Was Sailing Along On Moonlight Bay, With Her Huge Lead . . . Until T

Damn, pressboxer, way to break the streak. :mad:

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Re: Hillary Was Sailing Along On Moonlight Bay, With Her Huge Lead . . . Until T

Never underestimate how much racism there still is in the good ol' US of A.

12. And that's going to be the alibi?
    Oh, this will be fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted