1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary sees $23,000...raises it $800,000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

OK, I'll bite.

What is the depth of this scandal?

How can you possibly know? Do you not think that there are investigative reporters right now trying to advance this story? Do you not think the story will advance if some deeper relationship between this fundraiser and this campaign is found?

You've been wrong on every assertion you've made so far since this story broke.

2. Note:
    Hsu was a "bundler." He raised money for HRC from dozens of people and sent it along to the campaign as a lump sum. He also was a fugitive from justice, which we know because a minor outpost of the damned liberal media called the LA Times broke the story.
    Alan Fabian, the indicted alleged swindler about whom almost nothing has been carried by the damned liberal media elite, is Mitt Romney's NATIONAL FINANCE CO-CHAIRMAN.
    Precision of argument is a valuable tool.

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

4. Well, not that valuable.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Isn't an $850,000 donation from a convicted swindler isn't deep enough?
    And as long as we're talking hypocrisy, interesting some of you are bringing up Mitt Romeny. In the past, when rants about George W. Bush would come up, and someone would point out the indiscretions and crimes of, say William Jefferson Clinton (perjury, obstruction of justice ... not to mention the debasing of his office), the retort would be along these lines: "forget that ... nice try ... we're not talking about Clinton."

If Romney has top aides in trouble, nail their asses too. I'm all for it. But don't use that to divert attention from Hillary.

Just quoting your rules, guys.

6. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I like how you say "if" Romney has top aides in trouble, like it hasn't happened already.

Hondo, nobody is saying that the swindler shouldn't go to jail. Nobody is saying that Hillary shouldn't give the money away. Everyone is arguing your ridiculous ascertion that there is some sort of media bias. See, this is where the argument is talking about comparisons.

You posted that if it was a member of the GOP this would be front page news. Factual evidence in the form of Romney's finance co-chair shows that the the news media isn't following through on your claim. In other words... you are full of shit.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

hondo, every time you post you make it worse.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

hondo responds:

[​IMG]

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Worse, because every time I post is one more time when I won't agree with you. So get pumped, the lot of you.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It has nothing to do with not agreeing and everything to do with not offering any actual argumentation.

I could post a recipe for creamed cucumbers and say it proves that the moon is made of bleu cheese and dare you to prove otherwise and it would have the exact same logic behind it.

12. "It should already be something big. If a Republican had taken a few grand, he'd have been hounded by the media to withdraw from the race by now."

Mitt Romney hounded out of the race yet?
    Didn't think so.

[​IMG]

You've had enough, son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.