1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary sees $23,000...raises it $800,000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Really, Michelle Malkin?
    That's the best you can do?
    The Bush government can't account for $9 billion that they managed to lose in Iraq. Literally lost as in left on the side of the road somewhere near Fallujah or someplace and you're bleating like a lost sheep that Hillary got money from someone possibly unsavory and when she found out she gave the money back.
    Lordy.
    And I don't own a weedeater, but I thought about buying one, once. After I got really drunk at a party and I wandered into the home improvement part of a Wal-Mart.
    You had this weedeater there and it was giving me that look and I wasn't interested, but the weedeater was persistent, all up in my face telling me the advantages of having a gas engine and the unbreakable blade instead of the cord. The weedeater was egging me on, all, "touch my blade, see how it works? It works really well."
    And then, out of the corner of my eye, I see a big John Deere just rolling over a push lawnmower. I mean rolling, so then everything got a little fuzzy and when I woke up in the morning, it was just me. The weedeater had left with some Mexican and I had to pretend it didn't happen, since why would I need a weedeater, I live in an apartment...
    Wait, does that make me bi-curious?

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

You gotta love a poster who starts a thread and makes a premise that was completely debunked -- and I mean spit-in-the-eye, kicked-in-the-nuts debunked -- then comes back days later and tries to pull the same shit. That's Schlitz beer-level gusto, man.

If this were a Republican, the media would be all over it.

Fine, let's play again. Many responses have treated this premise with the contempt it deserves, which I applaud. But the real evidence to the contrary is too abundant to not compile.

We've already stipulated, in the previous thread, that that the so-called liberal media gave a lot of play to the Hsu story while, by comparison, ignoring that Mitt Romney's national finance committee co-chairman was charged with mail fraud, money laundering, bankruptcy fraud, perjury and obstruction of justice:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709010002?f=i_latest

Now, Romney's Utah finance co-chair is in hot water:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2007/09/mitt-romney-robert-lichfield.php

Oh, out-to-get-the-GOP media firestorm, where art thou? As of this posting, a Google News search of "Robert Lichfield" produces no links to the New York Times, Washington Post or any cable news network Web site.

Here's another rundown of recent coverage of campaign-finance problems, which, evidently, only Democrats have:

http://mediamatters.org/items/200709090002?f=h_latest

The facts in this matter are not in dispute. There is nothing here that is a matter of opinion.

hondo needs no what-if-it-were-a-Republican hypotheticals. They actually exist.

And the media's response is crystal clear, except to those who are blind because they refuse to see.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

If Redwood-Legs is wrong in this specific instance, tie her to the mast, and flail away.

But given that the current administration is the biggest bought-and-paid-for, big-business-blowjob
    in U. S. history, by thousands of miles, you're talking gnat/bull elephant.

4. It has been "good enough" for GOP candidates ever since the SEC took a dive on Fredo's insider stock trading in 2000, which I nearly missed because it was obscured by all those stories about who made what from the VP's secret energy task force.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Joe Rossi beats me to the punch as I prepared to queue up Romney...

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Malkin not good enough for you. How about this?

http://www.philly.com/inquirer/local/philadelphia/20070908_Donors_in_step_with_Hsu.html

Or this:

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB118920845515221199.html?mod=home_we_banner_left

Or this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/09/us/politics/09hsu.html?ei=5089&en=789a5bba88d74130&ex=1346990400&partner=rssyahoo&emc=rss&pagewanted=all

Yes, the media is starting to pick this up, but they’re awful slow on the take. And where is CNN on this? Their coverage has been negligible. Where are the network news shows? Chris Matthews hasn’t gone near this, has he?

And I’ll continue to repeat this: Had it been a GOP candidate, the guy would have been hounded out of the race by now. Spare me the Mitt Romney references. We're talking about the candidate who was co-president for eight years, not some guy who has no shot at winning.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Is your requirement a "GOP candidate" or a "guy who has a shot at winning?" I'm a bit confused as Romney definitely fits into the first one as well as the second. I feel very very confused by this.

8. Back and fill. Back and fill.
    First, the liberal media wasn't picking up the story. Then, when that talking point got kicked around the block, it's that the liberal media didn't do it as fast as they would have were it a Republican financier, except there is one, a more important one, who's under indictment now, whose case has largely been ignored by comparison, but that doesn't count because Mitt Romney's not important enough.
    hondo, give it up. The ref stopped this one five rounds ago.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Personally, I don't understand why y'all bother with hondo anymore. He's long since been a lost cause.

10. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

We're kicking ass!

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Fine ... keep attacking me or worrying that some guy's state chairman got in trouble. Doesn't change the depth of this scandal, or the fact that Bill and Hillary have been caught taking funny money like this before.

Deflecting the real issue is the stock in trade of some folks on this board.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Who's deflecting besides you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.