1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary sees $23,000...raises it $800,000

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Whatever. But if you think this story wouldn't be covered in a different light if Hsu had contributed to a Republican, you're nuts or deluded.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow. As opposed to Fenian and JR the "Everything About America sucks" twins.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If you don't believe in flying unicorns that feed only on the blood of first-born virgins, you're nuts or deluded.

This can be fun.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Hondo,
    Take some pills and go to bed.

You are making less sense than usual.

And give me one example of an "American Sucks" post that FB & I have ever made.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Which doesn't change a thing about the issue at hand: The Hsu to Hillary campaign donations would be a full-blown media circus if it involved a GOP candidate, which would have already resulted in the candidate withdrawing. Consider: nutjob rich guy goes on the lam after being convicted of a crime. During the time he's wanted (proving the LA police and DA's office couldn't catch a cold) he donates large sums to Democrats, including Hillary, who cheerfully accepts the money. When he's found and ordered back for sentencing, he misses his court date. He's in the nut hatch in Grand Junction, Colo., where he has been since last week after failing to show up for a California court hearing. It was unclear when he might be returned to California to face the felony theft case.
    To further quote from the AP: "Hsu pleaded no contest in 1991 to a grand theft charge that accused him of defrauding investors of $1 million. He was facing up to three years in prison when he skipped town before his sentencing in 1992. He finally surrendered to the arrest warrant Aug. 31, but disappeared before last week's hearing where he was expected to turn over his passport and ask a judge to cut his $2 million bail in half."

Keep minimizing this, or attacking me or anyone else who has the gall to bring it up. I already know where you stand.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Nobody is minimizing it, least of all her. She returned the money. Was she supposed to do a background check?

What you are doing is asking us to prove that your hypothetical is not true, which is of course impossible. That is why you are crazy.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/MichelleMalkin/2007/09/05/the_democrats_foreign_funny_money

8. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Wow...crazy for wondering why the standards for criticial media coverage can't be the same for both parties. Leaders in the old Soviet Union used to say people criticizing their government were crazy, and had them committed.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Logic class, please.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Could somebody please register under an Arabic name so this guy will go hide in his room?

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Which is just where exactly?

Here's one for you:

Republicans having held the White House for nineteen of the last 27 years - and many of those with a Republican majority in one or both houses of Congress - and during what is inarguably one of the longest runs of uninterrupted political conservatism in American history, how do you keep your paranoid sense of institutional persecution so finely honed?

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Two rednecks, Bubba and Cooter, decided that they weren't going anywhere in life and thought they should go to college to get ahead.

Bubba goes in first, and the professor advises him to take math, history, and logic.

"What's logic?" asked Bubba.

The professor answered, "Let me give you an example. Do you own a weed eater?"

"I sure do," answered the redneck.

"Then I can assume, using logic, that you have a yard," replied the professor.

"That's real good," the redneck responded in awe.

The professor continued, "Logic also tells me that since you have a yard, you also have a house."

Impressed, the redneck shouted, "GAWL-LEEE!!"

"And since you own a house, and a house is tough to take care of by yourself, logic dictates that you have a wife."

"Betty Mae! This is incredible!" (Bubba is obviously catching on.)

"Finally, since you have a wife, logically I can assume that you are heterosexual rather than homosexual," said the professor.

"You're absolutely right! Why that's the most fascinatin' thang I ever heard of. I can't wait to take this here logic class."

Bubba, proud of the new world opening up to him, walked back into the hallway where Cooter is still waiting.

"So what classes are ya takin?" he asks.

"Math, history, and logic," replies Bubba.

"What in tarnation is logic?"

"Let me give you an example. Do ya own a weed-eater?"

"No."

"You're a queer, ain't ya?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.