1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary is control freak with the press

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 26, 2007.

1. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

How many times did she laugh? Jesus, I thought she was channeling the Wicked Witch of the West.

I'd vote for a woman as president. Just not this one.

And about Biden... were those his own thoughts or lifted straight from other text?

2. markvid

markvid Guest

Remember the shot of Bill with Boris Yeltsin and the fake laugh?
    They're both actors.

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Every politician is an actor.

That said, I don't disagree.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Amen to that, brother...

5. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Economic mess?

If there were a Democrat in the White House, this would be hailed as the greatest economy of the last quarter-century.

We've either been at or close to full employment for the better part of the last decade, despite outsourcing. The stock market has been at record highs.

The biggest problem has been the homeownership crisis, which is more due to idiots being able to buy homes (and lenders stupid enough to lend to them) than any White House policy. There's nothing the government could -- or should -- have done to fix that. The fact that idiots think they can afford to buy homes says enough to me that the economy is pretty good.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

What planet are you living on?

Every last dime of this war has yet to be put on the books. We will have to pay for it, eventually. Bush is leaving that to his successor.

Gas prices have tripled, health care costs are up more than that, and wages are stagnant.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Weigh the stock market's rise against the collapse of the dollar. A virtual wash.

And there's this war to pay for, see, which all the assholes are so queer for.

I may vomit.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Who will then get the blame by the time midterm elections roll around in 2010

Draft saved Draft deleted