1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary is control freak with the press

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 26, 2007.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Oh, OK. I knew you had a straight, non-partisan point in there somewhere. ::)

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Can you really call her a veteran politician? She is married to a veteran politician, but the fact is she's a 2 term Senator. Of course she certainly knows White House protocol....

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I still marvel at the belief that Hillary is going to win the White House.

She has no chance. None. Too much of America cannot stomach the thought of a woman in the White House...particularly one so, uhh, ambitious, and onoe who has clearly had her eyes on the prize since 1991. People may say one thing, but when it comes time to pull the lever...no.

The Republicans could run a chimpanzee against Hillary and win. Hell, they probably will.

4. Jones

Jones Active Member

I'm a left-wing pinko Canadian, and I can say in all honesty, after expending considerable effort to get close to Mrs. Clinton, that I'm not even sure I've been in the same state.

Meanwhile, John McCain recently passed me the fortune out of his fortune cookie during a flight from Waterloo, Iowa, to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, all of four of us on the plane.

I am, as you might have guessed, conflicted.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Beej, I'm not a Hilary Clinton supporter. But if you think she can't win, you're crazy.

Karl Rove dreams of a candidate with her discipline. Seriously. She is tough and she is smart and, so far, she doesn't make mistakes.

6. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Comes down to what we need ... George W. Bush got the "good guy to hang around with" label back in 2000, but his performance as a leader has been, well, you know ...

As previously stated, I'm no Clinton fan, either.

I just don't want people making this vote about who they'd want to have a beer with, because fuck if we ain't been down that road before.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

Jonesy, have you read "The Girls In The Van?" It's an account of covering hillary's first campaign in NY. Pretty entertaining.

It's made pretty clear in the book that she was difficult to deal with. So once again, Hondo is the last to figure something out.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

I'll assume that Mr. McCain's fortune landed somewhere between "Persistence in the face of defeat is foolishness" and "Great victories are never won by cowards."

All of Mrs. Clinton's read "Distance yourself from Norman Hsu! Your lucky number is 44."

Hi, Jonesy!

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Sorry man, we gotta disagree here.

No doubt she's ruthless and crazy focused and crazy intense. It doesn't matter. America is not electing a female candidate. Not now and probably not ever. There's nothing she can do about that.

10. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

And can you imagine when all the "She murdered Vince Foster" commercials start airing next year ... ?

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Thanks for the tip, BYH. I have not read that.

jgmacg, let's just say that McCain's fortune will be making the story. (Hi! right on back, by the way.)

And OTR, don't get me wrong: I've never bought "the guy you could have a beer with" measure of voting. As a concerned neighbor, I want the smartest person in the world to be President of the United States.

It's just that as a reporter, I'd rather have someone who lets me on the plane. And I've always been selfish like that.

12. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Understood on both counts. Hope your colon's doing better, Jonesy.

Draft saved Draft deleted