1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary is control freak with the press

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 26, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Or 1950s New York, where you had your pick of five families to be in control.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

They ate better in the 50's

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Or even better, the GOP, which has had a Bush, Dole or Nixon on the ticket every election except one since 1948.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Ahhhhh . . . Goldwater/Miller.

5. heyabbott

good times, good times

[​IMG]

6. I prefer the Schweddy/Ball ticket in '56, myself.

7. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

I think you're mistaken -- wasn't it the Schweddy/Weiner ticket that brought some stiff competition to the race?

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Boots, I'll tell you why I don't like Hillary.
    She sees this opportunity as her right because her hubby was in charge for 8 years. And yet, the token project he gave her to make her feel important (health care reform) failed miserably.
    She always had said that the rumors about her hubby were just all a vast right-wing conspiracy, yet when that was proven true, all she had to say was, you know what, we were all lied to and I'm sorry I made those accusations against the right. But no, her "it's no one's business but ours" and then the deafening silence spoke volumes to me. Stick your head in the sand when you're wrong and we'll pretend it never happened.
    Then, she puts on the Yankees hat because she wants to run for the Senate in a state in which she's never lived and had always claimed to be a Cubs fan.
    And, she plays both sides of the issue. She wanted the troops out log time ago, but now they'll have to stay. Hey, you said you'd have a way for them to come home, but now you don't which is it?
    I could go on and on, but that's the very tip of why I'd never ever vote for her for PTA president.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I didn't realize all the rumors about Bill Clinton had to do with him getting a blowjob.

Learn something new every day.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Still haven't seen anything in response to boots' question which would disqualify her from getting my vote, when I take the upside -- a veteran politician who knows better than anyone how White House protocol works.

11. heyabbott

If not other reason, she'll run her White House with the same myopic zealotry that the current Ober-Fuhrer does

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

My whole point is that with a husband who was media-friendly, and the fact that the media likely has treated her pretty well as a whole, why is she being so uptight about it? And it makes her look pretty bad when a mainstream TV news network points out that George W. Bush was more accessible to the media in 2000.

Draft saved Draft deleted