1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary is a Fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jan 21, 2008.

1. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Sorry Boom, just trying to lighten the mood.

2. Boom -- You're fighting way over your weight class there.

Please explain how either of these statements is contradictory and, therefore, insincere. You haven't yet, and you're whole argument seems to be that, well, HRC said it, so therefore, I'm right.
    And I still haven't gotten the political analysis of the benefits she sought to achieve.
    I don't ask much.
    Meanwhile, in Atlanta, Mayor Franklin takes a pop at Bill.
    (From the AJC)

"With former President Bill Clinton standing not 20 feet in front of her, Atlanta mayor Shirley Franklin took what appeared to be a political shot at the former president's comments about Barack Obama's candidacy. Speaking at the 40th annual MLK commemorative service at Ebenezer Baptist Church, Franklin said the country is on the "cusp of turning the impossible into reality. Yes this is reality, not fantasy or fairy tales."

That one landed.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

fenian - I would think that you have seen enough of my work to know that I won't back down even when I am way overmatched. It's a good way to learn.

Interesting pop at Bill . Obama took a shot as well this morning with Robin Roberts.

Say what you want but Bush senior has kept his dignity in his son's 8 years .

4. He's also kept his distance. And with good reason. Drunken Junior tried to deck him once.
    Although he did send Scowcroft out to warn Junior that invading Iraq would result in pretty much what it resulted in. Of course, the lad responds to he "higher father."
    My god, if any family needed its own Dickens, it's that crew.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

6. Well, it is.
    But it's also a legitimate point of political dispute.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

No, this is a right-wing talking point...

[​IMG]

Saying Bill Clinton has been lying through his teeth on the stump the past two weeks is a statement of fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. OK, zeke, if you think either side has made winning this thing easier in the fall, go with god. But I think if Obama's going to run on the Monica platform, he ought to be a little more honest about it.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Are you fucking kidding?

Bill Clinton gets to say whatever he wants, and anyone who points out that he's completely full of shit is "running on the Monica platform"?

You can't be serious.

10. No, but Obama's smart enough to know what he's doing. He's counterattacking Bill with the best weapon available. In doing so, he's not just summoning up something that Clinton said last week. He's calling up the whole 1990's bag of horrors -- frankly, I think it's about damn time some Democratic pol did it -- and he's putting it in play. That is tough hardball politics, but it's also fighting on the other team's field. He knows it and he's willing to take the risk. Surprised you don't see that.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

He should have never had to make the choice. If this is a campaign based on issues and the two candidates, Obama wins easily. Hillary knew this, and threw the first, second and third punches to try to turn this negative. Now that he hits back, finally, he's a right-winger? Fuck that nonsense.

Hillary's only chance to win this nomination is to go negative. What do you think that says about this party and this country? Some candidate of change she is. ::)

If you say it's because she's a realist, Fenian, I'm going to fucking scream.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

If Obama had made any reference to the 90's, you might have a point.

But he didn't.

Draft saved Draft deleted