1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary: Deadbeat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 30, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're not very bright, are you?

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

When it comes to this issue, Clinton is wrong, McCain is wrong, and if he does it, Obama is wrong.

There.

I can't decide if I'm being all things to all people or no things to all people.

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Do you really believe the candidates themselves handle who gets paid and when? That HRC (or any of them) says, "Joe the caterer can wait. But Oscar the Port-a-John vendor needs to be paid this week." Good grief.

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

This is a tempest in a teapot issue. The blame goes to the idiot vendors that extended credit to the campaigns.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Give it up, Yawndo. The very first rule I learned when it comes to running a business (in my case, a small newspaper) is NEVER bill a political campaign. Always take cash up front.

6. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

What's funny is those same newspapers will take forever to pay their stringers and freelancers.

Holding on to the money for as long as you can... It's the American way.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

She can borrow from her husband's speeches in this case.... the one where he couldn't balance the budget in his first year. "I tried, I tried really hard and I just couldn't do it." Or something like that.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

9. I sense a certain relentlessness in some quarters.

10. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I work with small businesses every day. Thirty days is the standard payment period. Most companies' accounts receivable are in the range of 30-60 days old. And most companies try to pay as late as possible for cash flow purposes.

11. Giggity

Giggity Member

"Oscar the Port-a-John vendor" would be an awesome SportsJournalists.com handle.

Draft saved Draft deleted