1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary: Deadbeat

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Mar 30, 2008.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9259.html

If she's stiffing small businesses like this now, what would she do as Prez?
    This isn't being slow paying a network for a national ad buy. This is sticking it to cleaning companies and caterers.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Debts more than a month old? Are you insane, linking to this horseshit? It's not unusual for politicians to spend years -- in John Glenn's case more than a decade -- trying to pay off campaign debts. Why don't you Google "campaign debts" and "Giuliani" and see what you come up with?

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

While they're still running?

I've heard of lots of folks who have trouble retiring their debt after they quit and aren't raising any more money.

But stiffing vendors while the money is still rolling in is a different matter entirely.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Debts a month old? Have you lost your mind?

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Frank, here's what I'll tell you:

Stiffing Hy-Vee in Iowa, which is a huge employer in the entire upper midwest -- and is employee-owned, to boot -- has earned her negative publicity all over Iowa, and the entire region.

I was home a few days ago and met up with two buddies who are managers with Hy-Vee in two different states.

They both brought it up.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

It also says McCain owes $1.3 million to a dozen vendors.
    So he must be a deadbeat, too.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right. And if any of us paid our bills at the same speed as presidential candidates, we'd be sued in a heartbeat.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

My point exactly...and Frank's, too.
    But this thread is ony bashing Hillary, not all Presidential candidates.

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Read the story again, spnited. Obama owes less than $700K, and most of that is to political operatives, not individual businesses. He's been paying his bills. :)

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

But McCain apparently hasn't been paying all of his either.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Look who started the thread. Hondo is as fair and balanced as Fox News.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Their indebtedness will destroy us all!

Draft saved Draft deleted