1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton running on the Communist party ticket

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big_Space, Feb 3, 2007.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No idea what Eva Braun Villarreal was talking about... I'm not a liberal in the way most of you use the word. But I am in the traditional sense of the word, in which liberty is the most essential value. Liberalism prizes individual rights. So I don't mind someone calling me a liberal.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Oh ok, SC was referencing something in JDV's posts. Now I get it. I didn't read all of his posts. I didn't make it through Finnegan's Wake back in college, either.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I was trying to be sarcastic. It obviously didn't work, since Ragu and Irish both took me seriously. :p

I'm aware of which way Ragu swings politically. Course Eva Braun Villarreal thinks folks who are far right are liberals, so ya know.

4. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Sorry, SC. Chalk it up to the fact that this is a horrible thread, anyway. You've got JDV, Yawn and SportsJournalists.com's newest douche, Big_Space. Pretty much a disaster from its inception.

5. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I shoulda used that damned blue font that I can't figure out how to use. sigh.

All you needed to do was look at who started the thread to know it was gonna suck giant donkey balls.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Lamar...are you Lamar, the pansy javelin thrower in Revenge of the Nerds?

Read this very slowly: Your liberal pals here ache for Hillary's brand of government, which is the same type of government China has and Putin has by disguise. They are controlled by the government. You have no freedom of the press.

Get it?

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hey Alley, come over here.

Come closer.

I didn't start this thread, you putz. Rather, I was drawn to it when I saw the mention of my hero, Madame Che.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

All this tells me that GOP insider polling has Hillary in front of every GOP candidate.

This pre-election smearing is classic, for its distance from the 2008 election and its desperation.

We all know Hillary is polarizing. That said, her poll numbers must be through the roof.

You don't see the left attacking McCain in full force for being the hypocrite he is. The MSM love to call him a maverick. Yeah, hugging a man whose campaign team played the child race card is such a lone wolf.

But, that tells me Dems inside polling don't have him high. Expect Romney to be the GOP nominee, if he can get beyond the whole "I'm a better candidate for the gay community that Ted Kennedy" disaster.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And yet, he agrees with you...
    Are you afraid yet?

10. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Yawn,

You mean the Chinese-style communism that W props up with the Walmartization of America and the ever-escalating trade deficit we have with the Commies. Instead of practicing Clintonian fiscal responsibility and getting ourselves out of debt (the 10-year outlook when Clinton left office had us paying off the national debt.), W played corporate welfare and gave deficit boosting tax cuts to the richest 1 percent.

In a time of war, W has asked nobody but our miltary heroes and their families to sacrifice. The right likes to say the War of Terror is comparable to WWII. If that's true, why hasn't the government taken over factories and converted them to make things like armor for our troops or vehicles.

Communism is W's friend, that and anti-american Saudis. Look in the mirror and behind the curtain. The left isn't responsible for the direction of this country but we have the answers. One only has to look to 2000 and the last true fiscally responsible president.

We'd be lucky to have Bill back in the Oval Office. Throw in Monica. Wall STreet loved Bill, the poor did as well (moved millions out of poverty) and the middle class (myself included) can thank him for putting more cops on the street, boosting Pell Grants and bringing down violent crimes.

Tell me what mr Capitalist bad ASS W has done?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow, Yawn's gotten so flippantly arrogant he can't even realize he's fighting on an argument platform I never question. I never said you started this thread, you gimp. But just like clockwork, you show up if there's a chance to bash someone needlessly. And you certainly didn't fail this time, either.

And your ignorance about the true nature of nations and government is so diluted it's almost a shame your vote can't be taken away, simply because you pollute everything you touch with your hatred and intolerance.

There's no point in trying to argue with you. You're an unarmed man in this fight because you bring nothing but vitriol.

12. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm not necessarily up to speed on communism, but the reason our trade deficit (which really doesn't matter) is so high with China is because they've kept the yuan terribly undervalued relative to other currencies of the world, especially the dollar.

In the past 18 months, they've made some (mainly symbolic) moves to increase its value -- about 5.6 percent, with other (again, symbolic) increases to come.

In the same time, the Chinese central bank has lost the same 5.6 percent on the dollars they hold. That adds up to about $19 billion. But, consider they're making about $4 billion a month in interest payments on U.S. government securities and eurodollar investments, and you'll realize the Chinese government is in no hurry to fix the problem.

It's not a U.S. problem. The Chinese are responsible for that.

Edited to add eurodollar investments as another source of $4B interest payments.

Draft saved Draft deleted