1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton running on the Communist party ticket

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big_Space, Feb 3, 2007.

1. spnited

spnited Active Member

Been looking for somewhere to post this all day:

[​IMG]

Thanks to one of my best friends and an SJer for sending it to me

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Try again, Spinited.
    Just see the SportsJournalists.com red cross

3. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

True, but he also had a longer career, so to speak.

Stalin's estimated to have killed 20 million, but you'll find estimates that go as high as 40 million. Let's go with 30 million, just for argument's sake (and using the median in the links below). He ruled for 29 years.

Using the same source, let's say that Hitler murdered 15 million. He ruled for 12 years. Who knows how high that toll would have gone if he'd not been stopped?

http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm#Hitler
    http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/warstat1.htm#Stalin

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Holy crap! The pic showed up on my office computer but not on my home compuer...WTF?

[​IMG]

5. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Fenian, you continue to raise the level of your delusional status.

Che Clinton strikes again.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And the funniest thing about this is how dumbass journalists would buy into Communism....what a shocker they're in for regarding Putin-like press freedoms.

Keep it up, fools.

7. But RSC, whatever The Left in this country is, and it's laughable compared to The Left anywhere else in the world, they're not in charge of anything. Noam Chomsky and Code Pink aren't going to be picking the Democratic nominee this time around. The idea that people actually believe that Bill Clinton and his wife -- DLC D's that they are -- represent The Left is a prima facie case for what I mean.

8. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Yeah, the free and corporate-free media would eat up communism.

Do you know how many media empires there are and how few different voices there are?

sometimes I wish I was as ignorant. Life appears to be so much easier.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I call it the U.S. government enacting its constitutionally-guaranteed power to tax.

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html#A1Sec8

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, ...."

Article I, Section 8.

So tell us again why you hate America, Big_Space.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Big Space, why do you hate Russia?

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Yawn...would you do me a favor, please? Would you change your screen name to Benefiber, because you're about as regular as a cure for constipation?

Not sure I'm necessarily for a plan to "take" profits from oil companies in the way you're suggesting, however, I wouldn't have a problem with mandating that these same companies put a portion of their profits into a centralized research project to promote and perfect alternative fuels.

As for health care, yeah, I'm sure the nation has done real well depending on the good will of companies to provide for their employees and retirees. After a long career in journalism I shifted into the insurance industry (corporate benefits) and the care and concern some of these companies show is both reprehensible and apalling.

If fixing health care so that 44 million Americans are no longer uninsured or underinsured is communism, then I guess that's a direction I'd be willing to consider.

However, this isn't the case. It's GOP hysteria latching on to ANY shred of hope they can to try and win the 2008 election. It also harkens back to previous dirty campaigns when one side tried to smash the other with legitimate-sounding digs.

Take, for example, the Smathers-Pepper Senate campaign from MANY years ago. Smathers called Pepper a "homo-sapien" and called Pepper's sister a "practicing thespian." He tried to appeal to the normal lack of education of his voters, a fine tactic to use if you're selling your soul to the devil, as George Herbert Walker Pomegranate Vestibule Bush IV, in 1988, by referring to Dukakis as a "card-carrying member of the ACLU," as if the image of him carrying a card somehow made him a communist.

It's desperate, it's pathetic and it's unfortunately, not surprising.

So how about we don't contribute to that level of slime discourse and keep this legit instead of tossing around scary labels?

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Alexander Hamilton and James Madison just rolled over in their graves. Under what American principle do you suggest "mandating" how people spend their income?

Draft saved Draft deleted