1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton -- Like her or hate her ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Bubba Fett

Bubba Fett Active Member

I was a little bothered by the fact that she left right after her time was done, though hers was hardly the only empty seat on the panel.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

No, dogplop, people want to hear solutions, not just criticism. That's where people have a problem with Billary and others.

3. Like her, although I don't like her chances at winning the WH in '08. It's the ultimate stiffie Fox "News," Druggy Lambaugh and Sean WHAAAAANNNNNity are waiting on. With the money behind the aforementioned, they'll spend every penny going broke to see to it she doesn't get there.

Right now, a ticket of Ricky Bobby and Samuel L. Jackson's character from Snakes on a Plane would be a better option that what's running the country now.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

What? Snakes on a Plane?!? :D

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If people voted GOP because they thought they'd get solutions, they wasted their vote.

6. donnie23

donnie23 Member

If you enjoyed the Swift Boat-ing of John Kerry, just wait for the oppo research bonanza they unleash on Hillary. Safe money is that most GOP types would LOVE to see Hillary. It's Warner and Richardson who cause a few more twitches in Camp Rove.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I'm curious--does Hillary have a CHANCE?

However, some of the criticism directed at her is laughable. Of course no male politican is "self serving" "aggrandizing" or "power hungry".

A distinct whiff of sexism.  

8. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Whiff? It's a stench.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So calling her a "power hungry bitch" makes me into Archie Bunker? I wouldn't be surprised if that's her campaign slogan -- "Vote for Hillary or you're a male chauvinist pig!"
    I called her "power hungry" because she is. To me, it seems like she wants to be president just for the sake of being president. Not for anything as noble as advancing women's rights, or trying to make the country a better place. Just because it's the ultimate goal of most politicians. That's part of the reason the country's in so much trouble right now, and the reason we desperately need a viable third party. One quarter of the country is way too far right. Another quarter is way too far left. And they both have way too much power. The other half isn't as divided as those two camps, but is divided just enough that it makes the problem worse. Anyone in congress who tries to do the right thing gets pulled one way or the other, depending on their political affiliation, and we all spiral a little further down the drain. If we could somehow pull that middle half together and harness the fury that's growing in this country, it might bring about real change. Instead, the braying sheep on both sides spout out the same tired stuff and we watch the fuse on the powder keg get a little shorter every day.

Oh, and I called Hillary a "bitch" because, to me, she is. Besides the power trip, whenever she has spoken publicly she sways back and forth on issues like a palm tree in a hurricane. It'd be one thing if she changed her opinion over the course of a couple years, but she seems to do it week to week and month to month. Makes her untrustworthy to me, and thus, "bitchy."

10. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'm assuming you'd apply the same terminology to a male with the same characteristics. ... Thought not.

11. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Like her and would vote for her.

Hope she holds off on the election until Rudy G is done his two terms. He won't be bad in the white. As the fiancee says, he's a RENO.

But year, I like Hilary.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're right. I might call a male with the same characteristics an "asshole", a "bastard" or a "douchebag". Of course, I wouldn't call Russell Crowe an "actress", Lurlene down at the Waffle House a "waiter" or Bubba the Biker a "temptress". In our language -- and every language -- we have words that are fairly exclusive to gender. "Bitch" is one of those. There's nothing wrong with using it to refer to an unappealing woman who has many characteristics I dislike. In fact, I think that's one of the definitions of "bitch".
    So deal with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted