1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton and the Lengths She Will Go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 24, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

The always handy Snopes checks in

http://www.snopes.com/politics/clintons/bodycount.asp

Favorite line...
    Second favorite line

2. Snopes is owned by a shell corporation paid for by George Soros. You can't trust them when it comes to the Clintons.

3. JayFarrar

I love you. If I was a girl, I'd want to have a million of your babies.

A couple named Barbara and David Mikkelson own snopes.com and sprung forth from a research project on folklore. I'd point you to the linkage, but I have come to understand that it doesn't matter.
    The only thing that matters is my blinding love for you.

4. Barbara and David Mikkelson, both registered Democrats, sold out to the Soros shell corporation in 2005. Soon after the sale much of the information on Hillary Clinton was "cleaned up." Or are you saying that Barbara and David Mikkelson still own Snopes?

5. JayFarrar

Oh you, now you are just flirting.

If you are talking about Soros's involvement with the OpenNet Initiative, I can't find a connection between it and snopes.com. Now Soros is the backer of moveon.org.
    Chris_L, evil bastard, are you getting snopes and MoveOn confused? But if you have some linkage that connects Snopes and Soros, I'll check it out.

6. From the Wikipedia page on Snopes

Emphasis added. They may still be names on the masthead but control is out of their hands. It is not a widely known fact who now is in control over Snopes. I only happen to know because I ran into one of the techs who maintains the site while I was at a trade show in Vegas.

7. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That only says they were credited with owning the site until 2005, not that it is currently owned by Soros, as you contend.

8. Of course it doesn't come right out and say who owns the site now. If Soros wanted to advertise that he owned it - he wouldn't have gone to such lengths to disguise the facts.

Soros learned after Moveon.org to hide his participation in certain sites aimed at influencing the net audience. He didn't get to be a billionaire by being stupid - or having integrity for that matter.

9. JayFarrar

In the immortal words of one of my betters. Please show your work

Mmm, Wikipedia "facts" are, in fact, delicious.
    The source that was credited for the 2005 "fact" was a message board post on the Snopes site, explaining that they had dropped the San Ferndando Folklore Society as part of the project in 2005.
    Soros's involvement with Snopes is so, apparently, secret that he doesn't even know and WorldNet Daily, when they aren't fashioning tinfoil hats, doesn't even make a connection between Soros and Snopes.
    Ken Poe just writes that Snopes nearly 8,000 word write-up on the Clinton Body Count was incomplete.
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=45287

If you got something other than Las Vegas conversation and wikipedia,, than offer it up, but I think you might be the only person who believes Soros and Snopes are connected.
    And this is why I love you.

10. OK - believe what you like. I know what I know.

You seem like the kind of people who would make fun of someone if they said, "it must be true because I read it on the Internet." Yet here you are placing blind faith in Snopes.

Let me just ask this simple question though - if George Soros did own Snopes through a shell company but wanted to hide that fact - do you think you could find the truth via a simple Google search? Are you that naive?

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

But since you know this, why don't you update it on Wikipedia so everyone else can?

12. Now you are just being facetious.

Like I said - I'm not arguing the point. Believe what you like.

Draft saved Draft deleted