1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary Clinton and the Lengths She Will Go

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), May 24, 2008.

1. OK - given the recent comments about Barack Obama possibly being assassinated as a reason she is staying in the race - is it time to take a more critical look at the death of Vince Foster? The Clinton's do seem to be perverting the Democratic process and the spirit if not the letter of the rules that they themselves helped put in place. It seems like the couple are willing to do anything to gain power.

Given that - do you think what they did while in power should be given a more critical eye?

I'm guessing that Bill Clinton is polling nowhere near where he was at the end of his terms in office. History won't be kind.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

OK, lefties, stop fighting. It's time to attack a common enemy.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Forgive me but "who is Vince Foster"?

4. The Clinton's?

5. Boom_70

There is some pretty compelling evidence that Vince Foster was murdered:

In brief, Vince Foster was shot by hit men and the body was subsequently taken to Marcy Park in Washington, DC and dumped in the bushes. An auto-loading pistol was placed in his hand to make it look like a suicide. Later, someone drove Foster’s car over to the parking lot at Marcy Park to make it look like he had driven there on his own. It was a sloppy hit job. The perpetrators made lots of mistakes, which had to be covered up later on by falsified and altered government reports.

* The gun in Foster’s hand was switched by some government agent to one actually owned by Foster—a 1913 Colt revolver— only after the body was discovered, after paramedics had noted the original weapon and after Marcy Park police had taken charge of the crime scene.
    * The body showed no blood pooling around the body in its original position. Only when the body was moved up the hill (against standard procedures), head down, did blood begin to flow out the wound. New photographs were taken there as if it were the original crime scene.
    * Paramedics saw (and photographs of the crime scene show) a neck wound. The official report suppresses these photos and makes the claim that Foster shot himself through the mouth.
    * There was a witness (Patrick Knowlton) to the fact that it was NOT Foster’s gray Honda that was in the parking lot at the time of the alleged suicide, but rather another different colored, older Honda.

Beyond these obvious mistakes made by the hit men themselves, there is ample evidence of official collusion to falsify the evidence and obtain a different conclusion than the original facts would allow. Among other things:

* Both paramedics were subjected to intense interrogation by the FBI, in the attempt to get them to change their story about the wound, the gun and the position of the body. One paramedic stuck with his original conclusions despite FBI attempts to “shake him.” The FBI succeeded in confusing the other paramedic by continually writing down his testimony in a way that distorted his original meaning.
    * The FBI altered Patrick Knowlton’s witness statement so that the Knowlton’s description of the vehicle in the parking lot matched Foster’s Honda. When Knowlton discovered the error, he demanded the record be corrected. The government refused and Knowlton sued in court. Plain clothes government agents began a harassment and threat campaign against Knowlton wherever he went in public. Later, Knowlton identified one of these harassing agents as an FBI agent on Ken Starr’s staff at the Independent Counsel’s office.
    * Independent Counsels Robert Fiske and Kenneth Starr falsely claimed that a quantity of blood was observed where the body was first discovered. In fact, as mentioned above, the blood only appeared after the body was moved—a fact these counsels wanted suppressed.
    * Fiske and Starr also allowed false testimony that a rescue worker, early on the scene, had moved Foster's head to check for a pulse. This false story was planted to help explain away certain contradictions between the statements of paramedics and Park Police (who were partially involved in the cover-up).
    * Crime scene photos of the body in its original position when discovered were allowed to disappear. As in the JFK assassination cover-up, the photos later presented as evidence were of the body after it had been moved and its position altered to mask the neck wound.
    * The White House and others knew of the Foster death even before the body was discovered at Marcy Park and 911 was called.
    * The Foster suicide note was forged and was planted in his office after White House officials invaded the office, searched it and removed all incriminating documents.

6. pallister

pallister Guest

Actually, I'm hoping the lefties don't see this thread so they'll continue to tear each other up. That other Clinton thread has been enjoyable, And stop using unnecessary apostrophes.

7. Boom_70

"I do believe that this is a battle," the first lady said.

"Look at the very people who are involved in this. They have popped up in other settings. The great story here for anybody willing to find it, write about it and explain it is this vast right-wing conspiracy that has been conspiring against my husband since the day he announced for president," Mrs. Clinton said.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Wait, I thought all lefties walked in lockstep with one another.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

Not all, just most, GB. The followers and sycophants who litter this board. There are a handful of liberals on this board I respect. Don't agree with them, but respect that they offer well-thought-out opinions and don't simply parrot talking points.

10. Boom_70

Mrs. Clinton said it was possible her husband gave gifts to Lewinsky but said if that is true it is because he is gregarious and giving to everyone he meets.

"I think it's possible, of course," she said. "I've seen him take his tie off and hand it to someone."

11. Well it should be no surprise that the Left is talking about assassinations. The Latin word for Left is "sinister" after all.

12. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

And I completely understand that sentiment. As for the question, I wasn't in the country at the time, but I think Bill learnt his lesson from the beginning of the campaign, and has hung back a good amount since he put his foot in his mouth so publically.

I think that he has stayed out of the public eye except for clapping when Hillary speaks, and the way Hillary has been since then, may have helped him distance himself in the eyes of the average American. There'll always be those on either side who will either idolize or demonize the man, but I don't think what's happened in this campaign will make people's memories of 1992-2000 diminish.

After all, that is, in part, what Hillary is trying to sell. A return to the good old days.

Draft saved Draft deleted