1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hillary cancels appearances - or not

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 7, 2008.

1. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Re: Hillary cancels appearances

Some good opinions and congenial discourse on here about the primary system that definitely gave me things to consider. Wait a minute--is this SportsJournalists.com?

And what's so wrong with the Democrats not settling their nomination today, yesterday, last month? How problematic is this if it runs up to the convention? I don't necessarily agree that it is a problem. And I also agree with the farmer that HRC is still the best person to have sitting in that office from 09-12.

If the two candidates were polar opposites, I can see where their conflicting views could be damaging to the eventual winner. But, these two aren't that different in terms of their overall slate of positions.

Meanwhile, they continue to gobble up the national face time and political press coverage, while McCain sits well out of the limelight.

And there will still be plenty of time to beat up the elephants in the head to head match-up this fall.

2. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

At some point, I predict, Hillary will claim that John Denver's "Country Roads" is her all time favorite song.

I also don't see why she hasn't yet started claiming that she leads in the popular vote total "when you go back and count election votes for Bill, because, people were voting for me as co-president, so you have to figure those in too. See? I win!!"

Delusional.

3. digger

digger New Member

I don't understand why they don't just give her the delegates she earned, and give the rest to Obama. That basically makes it a wash, at least in Michigan. I forget what the breakdown was in Florida.

They don't even have to say they're giving the delegates to Obama - but they need to make sure the ones they allow to go are for him.

4. She just announced a new policy initiative to make Rich Rodriguez pay his bonus money back. Gotta admit, she's crafty.

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Ah, pandering to the rural vote, are ya?

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

HILLARY CLINTON IS IN MORGANTOWN, AND SHE JUST BURNED A COUCH! OH MY GOODNESS GRACIOUS! OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS I HAVE EVER SEEN, HILLARY CLINTON STANDING WITH A CAN OF LIGHTER FLUID AND A BOOK OF MATCHES, AND OH MY GAWD! HILLARY CLINTON IS BURNING A COUCH FOLKS, AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT WHO IS GOING TO WIN THE MOUNTAIN STATE! OH MY GOODNESS! PEOPLE ARE JUST GIDDY!

7. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Because she didn't earn crap. No one did. No one even tried. She was the only one slimy enough not to take her name off the ballot.

If the last week in the NFL season, week 17, got canceled by a huge thunderstorm, this would be like saying "Well, we're going to count the last preseason game." No one was playing for real. They weren't trying, and anyone that did actually try and win (Hillary) did so against a bunch of scrubs who weren't doing anything. And that's not even a good example because you can't control a thunderstorm. They could control when they had their primary elections.

Just giving her those Michigan votes doesn't do anything to represent the will of the people there. Again, not that the will of the people actually matters in a primary, but the people knew at the time their votes didn't count for a damn thing. They knew they were playing a preseason game.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

DD, my man, it's an honor.

9. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Hmm. Interesting.

10. digger

digger New Member

I understand your point of view. All I'm saying, at least when it comes to Michigan, is, if they split it 50-50, what's the big deal. It doesn't change the overall numbers, and it takes away one of Hillary's talking points.

11. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Well, it would effectively get her to stop talking about it, but one of the main points of those still crying about the whole thing is that those voters didn't get a say. Splitting their votes 50-50 doesn't really give the actually lever-pulling people a say either.

Split them. Fine. But don't act like it's "doing them justice." (which you're not. My quarrel isn't with you, it's with the idea that these people are getting "screwed")

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the democrats did this the same way the republicans did, Obama would have locked this all up months ago and would have wasted millions and millions of dollars closing this thing out.

Believe me, that will haunt him come the general election... I'm not saying he won't win. It will be close, but he would be so much better off if his idiotic party knew what the fuck it was doing...

Draft saved Draft deleted